Developer

ArduCopter 2.7 Released!

In just a short while, ArduCopter 2.7 will become available for download in Mission Planner. As we worked on ArduCopter 2.6.1, we saw that it had several new and compelling features (as well as many bug fixes and improvement) so it was decided to make this a major version release. 

A full list of changes is here, but they include:

New and Improved:

• NEW: 3-axis camera stabilization
  • NEW: AP_Limits library: Altitude limits and geofencing.
  • NEW: Automatic Flip (Roll axis) is now enabled on Channel 
  • NEW: GPS lag estimator
  • NEW: the quad first rise vertically to the "ALT_HOLD_RTL" altitude (if declared) when engage RTL
  • Better altitude control in ALT_HOLD and better altitude transitions
  • Better loiter, rtl and auto missions, especially with the new 3DR uBlox GPS. Check out my video above!
  • Better yaw control
  • Better DCM implementation, resulting in noticeably smoother flight
  • Better velocity control in Auto missions
  • Etc

Bugfixes:

• Fix to dataflash erasing, which should resolve an issue some users were having
  • Fix some MAVLink commands
  • Fix Circle command
  • Fix some units
  • Etc

Notes:

No more 1280 support (out of program space)
Know issue:
- throttle stick during loiter need better rpm range

Cheers,
Marco

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Dataflash problem (no logs saved, or system hangs during fly):

For users with this problems (but I recommend it to anyone) please follow this easy step:

- save your parameters with the planner
    - install ArduCopter V2.55 (with Arduino) and reset the board with CLI ("reset" command)
    - enter to CLI with the planner and erase all the logs
    - install ArduCopter V2.7 (with Arduino or the planner), reload your saved parameters and check if all work fine

Marco

• Hello team!

I'm experiencing troubles with ArduCopter_2.7. Connecting via USB to MissionPlanner_1.2. Connection successfull, but  can't get flight data from my APM1. CLI->test->ins shows gyro and acc data being changed while I was rotating my APM1.

ArduCopter_2.6 works fine with MP_1.2.

I have attached the MissionPlanner console log and the screenshot of flight data window.

Michael.

MP_1.2_screenshot.jpg

MP_1.2_log.txt

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692475073?profile=original
  • Hi all.
    Yesterday i had a problem with my self compiled version from Sunday.
    The first small Problem was that only the CCW Motors start turning. (i have a logfile if you need)
    After an Hardreset (Accu off and on) all Motors are ok.
    But then came the scary moment in my quad time.
    I activate the Motors and the Quad goes with Highspeed in the air.
    In the logfile i see that short before the RTL Mode goes active (Ch7 to high), i didn´t do that on the transmitter.
    The second high on CH7 (Mode RTL) was my reaction of the climbing quad.
    The reaction was not what i expected. Later i tried to catch the Quad via Guided Mode to 50m. The quad flys to the point but climb.
    Than i tried Loiter Mode with nearly no throttle and the quad climbs to 400m than he start with descent.
    The Quad descent to 150m than the connection lost and the log onboad stops.
    The GND lane on the Powersensor burned away. The last 150m he descent with no power and landed in 30cm high grass with nearly no damage. Only the legs are broken.
    My question is not why the mode switched to RTL without user input. Maybe error in CPPM will go back to PPM.
    The question is why start the Quad up in the air, all my throttel input is lower as the normal hover throttel?
    And why he climbs more in Guided and Loiter Mode?

I also have a log from Tuesday the Quad toggeled between Stable and Guided mode without user input.

I hope somebody can say what going wrong with my quad yesterday, on Tuesday the quad was good to fly.,,

Thank you,

Stefan

Error.png

2012-07-25 20-17-54.tlog

2012-07-25 21-17 3.log

• 3D Robotics

Thanks for all your work with this Marco! It wouldn't have been so good without your patience + experience. Best test team leader ever!

• Developer

Hi all!
    Here all logs of my latest extreme test, my quad in AUTO mission with gusty wind over 40 km/h!
    Look at the inclination of the quad during the waipoint 3 <--> 4, is over 30°.
    Enjoy with AC 2.7!

Cheers,

Marco

logs_auto_gusty_wind_Quaddino_Marco_06.zip

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692474191?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity