Arducopter 2.8.1 on my APM 1

There was a special warning message that the latest version of Arducopter doesn't work very well on the APM 1, I'd like to know if the problem has been fixed or should I stay on the version 2.7.3.

I am trying to have the drone very stable with a weight placed on one bracket, so there is any reason to upgrade my hardware to APM 2.5 to improve the stability of my drone?

My drone is an hex drone Jdrone.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Has anyone heavily checks ver2.8.1 as I am having some strange results running Arducopter 2.8.1 on APM1 2560.

Basically the motor outputs are not stead (motors seem to hunt around) and one channel (CH2) starts with the rest but then the motor starts to slowly slow down and stop.

I have check the APM1 board / Code outputs using the mission planner Tuning graphs and the readings from the graphs match what is being seen on the motors - in tuning graph CH2 line starts to slowly decrease until it is at the minimum setting for the throttle (i.e. motor stopped).

If I then pitch the quad down on the side of the CH2 motor it immediately picks up and the CH3 motor (the one opposite the CH2 motor) stops. Appears as if the  APM is thinking that the quad is slowly pitching in bot x&z axis when it is actually stationary.

BTW - I had set the radio calibration and the quad leveling correctly before carrying out these tests.

So there seems to be some problem with the code on APM1 unless I am doing something completely wrong. ANy ideas - suggestions

• Nobody?!

This reply was deleted.

Activity