Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Hugues,

That certainly clarifies what is happening but not the lack of logic behind doing this.

I agree that the DO_ commands are an important part of the mission planning and should always be executed if placed in a waypoint file, otherwise get rid of the DO_ functionality, rather than it works sometimes and not others.

This inconsistency is the most frustrating part.

• Mike,

The restriction of needing a Waypoint command with at least a one second delay after a "DO" command has been around for quite awhile. I ran into it back in the previous version. It gets even more interesting if you try to do other "DO" commands. See my experiences on this post: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/using-arducopter-3-2-missions-f....

I have no idea why it does what it does, I've just had to work around it.

• Posting here since it seems to be more active than the 3.2.1 release thread

I installed 3.2.1 on a miniAPM. I'm using a Mode 2 radio, and I can arm in Stablize mode as usual: left stick down/left for a couple of seconds.

If I try to immediately disarm it (still in Stab), it takes 10+ seconds to disarm. I have not flown yet (still ensuring everything is functional on the 250-quad I built), but I wonder if some of the 3.2.1 disarm improvements actually have a side effect in my case

Or am I doing something wrong? I know that the radio works and it's properly calibrated (and it arms properly), so I'm not sure what else to check (I probably need to look at logs, haven't done it yet and I don't have my unit with me now)

• Just check my copter and it disarms in less the 5 seconds.

I use Left stick down/Right to arm. Left stick down/Left disarm.

• Turns out I'm doing it wrong... I claim temporary insanity, helped by the Arducopter wiki

I can now arm it by doing down/left, and disarm doing down/right. The Wiki says I have to do down/left both to arm and disarm, which at least in my case is wrong

What what happening was that, while I was pointlessly pulling down/left to disarm, the APM was simply timing out and self disarming

your comment jogged my memory, thanks

• I cannot figure out why I keep getting the pre-arm check FS throttle value?? I've set it up many times before but for some reason no matter where I set the value it gives me the warning now. I went as low as 800 same thing. Any idea's what I'm doing wrong? 

3701964825?profile=original

• watch it here please

https://youtu.be/FhKREgqjCpM

• Thanks Rainer I did watch that. The problem is even though my TX is on and it's above the FS number it keeps telling me something is wrong with the throttle FS value. 

• Just set right under the min value yoor radio outs. I had this issue several month ago. Setting it to -10 of the min throttle did the tric... If this doesn't help reset the board to all defaults and try again, becasue now on the same borad and with the same radio I can leave the FS on default values and it will be just fine. Redoing radio calibration might help as well. 

• Thanks for the advice. But I guess I will have to start all over and reset. I set the value at -10 and re-did the radio calibration. No joy...

This reply was deleted.

Activity