Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank's Philips

• Sure... the old, I had to go to CA then to Japan excuse. Nice try Randy. lol Can't wait for 3.3 rc1. I'm sure you mentioned to everyone the imperative need to resolve 'boat calibration' issue.... :] yea yea I know it's not high on the list I get it. But hopefully it's on the radar though. LOTS of great follow me's in my boat and my kids on the jet skis. How cool is that! 

• I am still seeing throttle/landing problems in 3.2.1.

First problem is it takes a really long time to determine that it's landed. I have broken countless props, trying to disarm when landed only to have the thing flip over because it thinks I am applying yaw. The most reliable thing I can do is switch to stabilize, throttle at zero and just wait for it to automatically disarm. To my mind yaw applied at zero throttle should have NO effect on the prop speed. It should only be looked at as a disarming action. Right now there is effectively no way to disarm at all while the copter thinks it hasn't landed (which is often). This seems worse with 3.2.1 than 3.2.

Second problem is that the min spin speed for the props only works on the first arming. When you land at zero throttle or rearm the props do not spin. This may be something to do with my Spektrum TX as I have noticed this also with my channel remapping patch.

I will probably raise bugs for these two unless someone can tell me they are expected.

• Thanks Andy,

Now I know why I broke 3 props of my quad at landing on battery failure.

I like the "old" way of landing/disarming better :-)

• Seeking a partner to incorporate drones shop in Colombia
  • Battery FS is a good idea but it isn't without it's problems. For instance if I set it to a very safe 10.4 volts it can easily go under that for a second or two during a maneuver thus RTL-ing too soon. I think it would be a killer idea to have a 'Time FS' because I know with a fully charged battery I get 10 minutes every time. I would really like it if I could just set it to RTL after 9 minutes. That would be preferred to me over battery FS. Or... both even better. 

• Yes..in situation like this when I forgot to connect my second LiPo,(its only 10C so I need 2) 85%full LiPo activated  bat failsafe..my multi went to RTL..,when it started climbing it looked to me like fly away...in panic I lower throttle..nothing...switch to stabilize,but throttle was to low..bam..multi drop down

• To all that replied my problem: 

Thanks for all the good advise. I guess you are right. Perhaps my battery, a Zippy 4S 4000mAh, is worn out, because in the past i could fly for another 5 minutes when the voltage was at 15.33 volts.

So I didn't expect it to drop down that fast :-(

Now it was only a minute or so.

Am I right reading the log "Battery Issue"?

Voltage starts @ 15.33 and @ 13.7 volts the failure kicks in (set @ 14 volts)

(Hope to fly today, greetings from Holland)

• Hi Paul,

Check the battery's cell condition. Sometimes one cell abnormal loose the voltage.

• I believe that it has to go below the FS for at least 5 seconds to be triggered.

I have looked at several of my logs and see it go below the FS and never trigger.

This reply was deleted.

Activity