Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

A ground plane helps with the impedence match between the antenna and the receiver and consequently improves the performance of the receiver.

Electrostatic shielding is what reduces the amount of noise that the antenna and receiver electronics are exposed to by providing a lower impedence path for signals you are trying to defend against.

Richard, I can save you some time.  It is unlikely that putting some tape on the back of the GPS is going to make enough difference to measure.

You would be better off enclosing the Pixhawk, the RC receiver, Bluetooth device, any video transmitter,  - i.e all other sources of interference

• T3

As far as I know, there are two things: i) ground plane and ii) shield.

• A ground plane - where the ground is soldered to - boosts the sensitivity of the antenna.
                    • A shield - which is not soldered to the ground - is to reduce interference from other components.

Not sure if one of the two options has a positive or negative effect on the other.

I have not made systematic tests so far, but a shield seems to help to some degree. What I found is that you better do not use bluetooth together with the M8N. 

• stone, I don't think as that kind of grounding is only usefull for low frequencies.

High frequencies require complete shielding. exemple here chap 3.6

http://www.schneider-electric.com.au/documents/electrical-distribut...

what you suggest would be to get a same DC potential but I cannot see the advantage here

• without the ground wire it is doesn't shield but rather changes the radiation frequency and strength.

• Would soldering a grounding wire to the copper tape be beneficial? 

I've seen pictures of folks who have soldered a grounding wire to it and then plugged that wire into one of the common ground pins on the FC.

Just wondering...

-Mike

• Indeed; I'd rather protect against a potential  problem than have to repair the results of one. Ha

• Hi Randy,

How can I get the DEFAULT + CAM log on Pixhawk since using the suggested LOG_BITMASK : 32768 does not record like Default log do.

Below example of Log result using LOG_BITMASK : 32768

Log File using Log_Bitmask 32768

Dropbox - Error
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
    • Developer

Hey Waladi,

Because you're using a PX4, you should be able to leave the LOG_BITMASK at NearlyAll (i.e. 131070) and it will record CAM messages.  I think the issue is that the camera trigger is not enabled.  It only logs when that's enabled.

• Thanks Randy (as always)..

Will try to use the NearlyAll (131070), but could not understand your point on:

"I think the issue is that the camera trigger is not enabled.  It only logs when that's enabled."

Since I enable the trigger using DO_SET_CAM_TRIGG_DIST on flight plan and it's working fine triggering my Sony Nex5n.

Will also post another "weird" behavior related with above log on GPS Glitch & Heading error.

• Developer

@Waladi,

Ah, sorry.  I misread what the issue was. I thought the CAM messages were not appearing but they are.

This reply was deleted.

Activity