Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello

Thanks to the development team.
    tested with Pixhawk Qud in strong winds up to 45 kmh.

Stabilize is OK, very stable
    Loiter is much better and more accurate
    Rtl very accurate
    Hybried is OK could be a bit stronger, setting a bit higher.

EKF

is excellent in the strong wind. in Loiter, althold, Rtl.

Mission Planner .... 30 673

Spline not exist.
    Chute parameters does not exist

will continue to test the other functions with better weather

• Developer

Rainer,

Spline can be used by setting the mission command to SPLINE_WAYPOINT.  If this doesn't appear in the list of available commands it probably needs you need the "Advanced View" or "Beta" version of the mission planner.

Spline waypoints take all the same arguments as regular waypoint.  We will have to put up some documentation on how spline waypoints work but the short form is that you can mix and match regular waypoints and spline waypoint commands and the mission planner will show you what the patch will look like (although there are some bugs in the path the mission planner comes up with).

• Great addition!

• thanks Randy
        spline is OK, have not been suspected in the waypoints.
        but where are the commands of parachute

• Developer

Thanks Rainer for your detailed report.

• will fly on Wednesday with 3.2. will leave a feedback. it is getting ever more interesting. the reliability of hardware (pixhawk) and firmware 3.0+ is very high now. i really never had issues while flying (a misbehavior). whatever they were only because of wrong params settings. the mission now resumes after any manual command interruption in auto was needed. i want to fly downhill. can i give negative altitudes while maintaining a fixed height above the terrain. the mission planner does not takes negative altitudes. anyway the wait for 3.2 was as exciting as going on foreign holiday trip. hats off to devp team.

• OK cool, new features to always improve Arducopter, thanks diydrones community :)

What about parachute support? There's possible to know how does it works in detail? algorithm (vertical speed, gravity, roll angle threshold values) for auto eject and driving capability (servo, relay)?

Also on 3.1 post Marco talk about pause features during auto missions, I don't see anything regarding this interesting feature....

• Hi Randy, congratz to a big progress with EKF, it's getting better and better!

BTW, I'm using a PX4, will it also receive the same features as Pixhawk?

• Downloaded new 3.2 fw

Done very basic tests (Stabilize-AltHold) on my quadcopter... no dramas up to now!

...I'm struggling with CLI functions no more available ...I can't find compassmot, reset, erase, enable/disable logs, etc on MP...is there a doc that describes where we can find these functions?

Thanks to dev team for this new release that looks really interesting!

Luciano

• Developer

Yes Luciano, some functions are removed from CLI due empty space for the other new features.
      Some are now available in the Planner, out from CLI.

This reply was deleted.

Activity