Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes this is correct, i was having a issue with my ublox. we can forget it.

• I updated my cuad to 3.2 rc10, erasing all and recalibrating all things,there was a strong wind today but stabilize, Loiter and Alt hold works well using loiter jerk at 500, the ontly problem I have is failsafe, other releases I have RTL in fligth mode 1, I be shure to have FS throttle enable to but, when I shut down the TX the APM changes to mode 5 (Loiter in my case), can you help me? I don't know were is my mistake Thank's for all the work in this great release.

. APM 2.5 3DR  and a Hitec Aurora Transmitter.

• Solved: I had to redo receiver Fsafe

• In amp-plane it goes into circle mode for 20 seconds then goes to RTL if the TX signal is still gone. Perhaps that's been incorporated in amp-copter? Did you wait 20 seconds by chance? Just a guess. 

• I haven't been able to do much testing since 3.2-rc7.  Here's a video of a straight line, .6 mile autonomous flight and land with 3.2-rc4:

I'm trying to catch up with the tweaks in parameters that are not always set with the FW load and don't want to simply reset.  What parameter name is the AltHold Rate P and AltHold Accel P referenced on page 142?  I've looked in the wiki and poured over the full parameter list with no luck.  Regards

• Developer

Troy,

AltHold Pos P = THR_ALT_P

AltHold Rate P = THR_RATE_P

AltHold Accel P = THR_ACCEL_P

By the way, It's probably not necessary to upgrade these parameters from their AC3.1.5 values.  In all honesty, that was an unsuccessful attempt to reduce the motor pulsing that some APM2 users were seeing.  We've since added additional filtering to the alt hold rate error which we strongly suspect will fix that problem.

Thanks for the video!

• I have a really strange problem with 3.2-RC10.

I'm not receiving any RC signal at all using this version. Using 3.1.5 it works like a charm. I have tried upgrading from 3.1.5 to 3.2-RC10 by first installing arduplane, have also tried without. Also tried switching out my FrSky D4R-II to a X8R, same result, no RS signal with 3.2-RC10 but works with 3.1.5.

The board is a Infinity Hobby PixHawk clone bought in the beginning of summer when 3DR didnt export to Europe. Could it be something with the board?

• I have now tried RC9, RC1 and RC2 and get no RC signals on any of them.
      I'm totally clueless, in release notes I can't find anything that could affect this.
      As stated before on 3.1.5 everything works without problems.
      What can I do to trouble shoot this? The only thing I can think of is that there is something fishy with this board.
      This
      • Developer

Nils,

if you can include a dataflash log file that would be good.

• Hi!

Problem solved, was as simple as holding the safety button when booting. If I understand things correctly I had an old px4io firmware that wouldnt update at boot. Holding down the safety button forces the px4io to bootloader mode and allows the FMU to update the its firmware.

I guess the rc.APM script failed to update the px4io.

Here is the serial output when booting RC10 which led me in on the right track.

3702768067?profile=originalpx4io status output 3.2-RC10 (RC signals not working)

3702767995?profile=originalpx4io status output 3.1.5 (RC signals working)

3702768093?profile=original

Thanks anyway Randy!

This reply was deleted.

Activity