Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Christoffer,

It would be better to increase the MOT_SPIN_ARMED parameter rather than increase the trim on the transmitter.  I think different ESCs have different sized deadbands at the bottom so the mot-spin-armed parameter can be increased or decreased so that the props spin but not too fast.

• Thanks, was able to get it working with the value of 90.

• Me too, I have an Aurora too

• Ok, not only me, then I make an Issue on GitHub. Try my fix in the meantime, increasing the value of around 3 points.

• Randy,

I loaded rc10 onto my IRIS, and have flown about a dozen test flights.

I've tested Stabilize, Loiter, Hybrid, Sport (lots of fun!), Auto, RTL, and all are working perfectly.

All modes were tried both with, and without EKF.

EKF seems to really smooth out transitions between modes, with  less twitch.

Auto missions were flown with spline waypoints, ROI, and Survey.

Auto flights were nice and smooth, with the landing particularly impressive.

So smooth, and touchdown was as gentle as can be!

So go ahead and give yourself and the other Devs a big pat on the back, for a job very well done indeed!

Thank you for your hard work!

• Developer

Jon,

Thanks a lot for the extensive testing and feedback.  Sport mode is one in particular that isn't flown much so great to hear that it worked well.

• Hi excuse me for appearing a bit dumb but what's ekf?
      Stu
      • Hi stubugs,

EKF stands for "Extended Kalman Filter" already implemented in the arduplane and now with this new upcoming update also implemented in arducopter.

Finding attached some info HERE

You can optionally switch on and off the EKF if you like with ch7 or 8

Hope I could help you.

Best regards, Robert

• Seems that Mission planner V1.3.10 Compass calibration process doesn't support AC3.1.5 anymore.

For AC 3.2.Rc10 it is ok

• I did a compass calibration on AC3.1.5 yesterday with mp 1.3.10 build 1.1.5369.11976 and it worked fine.

This reply was deleted.

Activity