Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Quite funny, it was actually the "Check for updates" button that messed up my installation of MP 1.3.10

Updated to 1.3.10.1 (Beta) and all is good again ;-)

• I am running a quad on apm 2.0.    I have recalibrated after upgrading to 3.2rc10.   I  have a bad problem with GPS and AC 3.2rc10 this issue does not happen in AC 3.1.5     I have hdop under 2 and 10 sats.    Raw GPS(GPS_RAW_INT) looks good  however over time the GPS (GLOBAL_POSITION) in mission planner goes wacko swigging back and forth across the home position at ever increasing distances.     As this happen loiter becomes worse and worse until copter pitches wildly when enabled latter in flight.  I have attached telemetry and data flash log.

2014-09-28 09-58-19.tlog

2014-09-29 08-20-59.log

Quad (4c).param

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701840824?profile=original
    • Developer

Dan,

There seems to be a problem with the GPS messages (or the processing of the GPS messages).  Below are two pics one that shows good GPS message timing (Column C shows the timing and all messages are 200ms apart = 0.2 seconds = 5hz).

3702521964?profile=original

In your log however the timing on the messages is not increasing properly at all.  Which GPS are you using and is there anything else unusual about the GPS's connection to the APM?

3702521400?profile=originalBy the way, it looks like the GPS Glitch protection was disabled on this vehicle.  I don't think there's ever a good reason to turn it off and it would have caught the problem immediately I think and not let the vehicle take-off or switch into an autopilot mode.

• Thanks for taking a look and responding.    This is a APM 2.0 with internal GPS.   I disable GPS Glitch in the last flght to see if it makes a difference, it did not.   What is stange is that the copter is great on 3.1.5, no problems with Loiter or RTL.     

• From Randy:

This issue is fixed with this commit: e7b4a02

It turned out that a couple of missing characters meant for the SIRF GPS (which uses a very similar protocol) was upsetting the mediatek and causing it to skip the next configuration message it received. This next message happened to be the update rate.

This will go out with AC3.2-rc11 in a few days.

• I loaded rc10 onto my big Quad with original APM (before 3.1.5), and have flown about 20 test flights in Stabilize, Alt hold, Loiter;rtl, and Missions with roi and all are working perfectly.

Auto flights were nice and smooth.

But Auto Takeoff is a disaster!

All motor goes to full throttle for a short moment and the Quad flips.

No Problem to take off in Stabilize.

Another small issue:

CH6 WP_Speed tuning is not working for me.

Sorry for my bad english.

2014-09-28 12-58-11.log

• Developer

Thomas,

I've made some fixes (here and here) which should ensure there's no "I-term build-up" before take-off.  This will go out with -rc11.  I'm almost confident that the next release candidate will be the last one.

• Hello Randy

Back from Testflight with Master.2 AutoTakeoff Tests. Automissions with Roi. The first was very good. Second test was not so good :-( 2. But not flipped.

Thanks for your help.

2014-10-01 14-41-43.log

Takeoff.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702669364?profile=original
      • Randy, I compiled a hex with those fixes to test them in my quad ( apm 2.6) and they did not solve the problem.

I'm I doing something wrong?

I still had 2 situations were the copter went full right and the other went full back on auto take off.

Please advise if I'm doing something wrong or you spot something on the log.

Also I see that on some maneuvers the quad passes the 45 degree limit. Auto analysis confirms it. Why?

2014-09-29 19-08-29.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702669262?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity