Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

DG,

I've posted a reply on your post over here but I can't immediately see the log file.  The INAVERR appearing in the PM message is different and is most likely a GPS update problem.  That's not a red herring but rather a real problem i think.

• I believe this has been touched upon but to reconfirm.

We are seeing the same drift in pitch issue and now compass drift.
    Only occurs when arming the motor the first time, even after a preflight cal.

After disarm we perform another preflight cal, everything settles and when we rearm the motors everything works as it should.
  • I'm having a peculiar issue with our now-revived Matrix quad copter.

I set the log bitmask to 894 on the pixhawk, to get Default + RCIN

However, our log isn't recording. So I deleted all the logs on the pixhawk through terminal, and flew for 5 minutes landed, disarmed, and armed, and another 20 minutes on the same battery, testing various modes, such as ALThold/loiter/RTL and failsafe.

This is all we got. 5 minutes worth of useless log. This is weird. this is a brand new pixhawk, and I just got it setup...
    Please advise.

Thank you

matrixWTFLogissues.PNG

• This may have been touched upon already. Have a start stop issue  in forward flight when in auto mode and guided mode. Did not have this issue in version 3.1.5 but showed up in 3.2 & 3.2.1 Beta. Same vehicle same settings other than the new features of the firmware.

During forward flight the vehicle will all of a sudden jerk itself back to slow down or correct and then continue in forward flight. Almost like the Inner loop gains need tuned but does not seem to make a difference if you do tune.

Was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue and new of a setting that corrects this or if this could be an issue of the secondary sensors that are now being used (seems to be creating issues from the blog notes)

best

• Developer

This is most likely because of a fix in AC3.2 which stops the target point from getting too far ahead of the copter or maybe it's because you're using spline points?  If it's spline then I'd expect the issue to be resolved with AC3.2.1-rc1.

It's probably best to include a log of what you're seeing so we can be sure.

• Will be getting that to you. Not using spline points

Thanks

• Just for fun, run a log file through this app

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2151318

• Just ran through the app.

Seems to be a very useful program. Only real issue it came up with was:

Error: The total number of sustained loops 4000

03/ APM Speed Error: This is above 5% of the total loops!

Looked at the log bitmask setting and it was set to a very high number not listed under selections. Not sure if this can cause major issue but we set to default.

Will be uploading the logs so you guys can take a look.

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity