Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, please correct me if I am wrong, but switching from althold to stabilize when the throttle stick is near zero is usually a bad idea. If your THR_MID is set properly, your copter hovers in stabilize when the rc channel is near 1500, not near 1000.

• By following other forums, it is my opinion that the general users of APM / Pixhawk / MP are in complete chaos because of software problems. We know that version 3.1.5 was the most recent stable version but had some problems that have mostly been solved.  I'd like to humbly suggest that the next release be soon and only deal with those basic flying problems and all the great new features be held back till winter, so we have a stable version we can use for the rest of this years short flying season.

This will also allow the documentation to catch up so we can follow directions rather than Googling every issue.

Thank You

• Developer

Certainly we all want a stable release.  We're not quite there yet with AC3.2.

Re the documentation, I've made some progress on that front in the past few days.  Most of the new links are held within this issue. but I guess some of the highlights would be:

• Concerning:

dual GPS on Pixhawk (http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-installing-3dr-ublox-gps-co...)

The following has been the source of several post on other forums. Humbly suggest it needs to be MUCH more prominent>

"Note: after connecting the external compass you will need to re-do the Live Calibration and Compassmot (if you had run this procedure for the internal compass)"

• @Randy : Congrats,well done, even beginners will be able to set up these real great features for the PIX.

One thing: There is a typo @ dual GPS on PIXHAWK :

"If the parameters are set-up as shown below, the flight controller will use the GPS with the highest HDOP value."

Btw.: It is not the Nr. of SAT  leading to the switchover anymore ? Then the sentence would be correct.

Regards

• Developer

Gervais,

Thanks for finding that.  Fixed!

-Randy

• can you guys do 3.1.6 in the mean time with the 3.1.5 issues fixed only and maybe RSSI voltage range parameter added.... honestly this is all I need for now (and I assume everyone else too).  Is the reason you guys want to jump to 3.2 is that there is some major difference in some very low level flight management and you do not want to do double work of fixing the old code? If it is not the case could you just disable all the new features except RSSI voltage range and make a 3.1.6 release? 

• That would be welcomed. We just need to know we can fly our copters better than a NAZA, without having it fly-away or fall out of the sky. Also the MP is all messed up now with lots of buttons that don't work like the documentation says or there is no documentation. Need my Pixhawks to work like my APMs (Stabilization, Altitude Hold, Position Hold, Return Home and Waypoint) so we can enjoy the rest of the summer.

• here is another log of err16-2 as well as err flight mode-5

also, after executing RTL, copter did not enter LAND portion, instead remained at the RTL altitude for about 15sec, after that I switched it to loiter and landed.

after that copter failed to enter loiter mode on the first attempt. 

• For people having error 16, i've changed my EKFCHECK_THRESH to 1 and out of 2 hours of flight, only 1 out of 6 logs showed the error. No odd behavior in flight.

This reply was deleted.

Activity