Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have been testing the 3.2-rc9 on my new 3DR Iris, and it is working wonderfully in all flight modes.  I did notice a couple of small issues I thought I would mention.  There still seems to be a twitch when moving through circular waypoints.  I haven’t noticed the twitch using any other regular waypoints, but if I do an auto circular waypoint mission in Mission Planner it twitches significantly at each waypoint.  The other small issue I found was if you put WP_NAV_SPEED on channel 6 then the auto modes won’t move.  It seems as if the speed is set to near 0 even though I set min and max parameter values for channel 6 at 500 and 1000.

• this is bug? sonar on arducopter-3.2 rc9?(pixhawk)

1.62v=1.62*204=3.89m, why is -323.66??

but ,voltage is lower than 1.5v normal, as shown in figure; this is bug?

3691151870?profile=original

3691151756?profile=original

• I am having same sonar scaling issue, sent Randy logs a week or so ago... He is busy! I can repost if it would help...
      • hi Mike feldmann, this no bug,but wiki error,Scaling =2.04 is ok!(wiki: scaling=204 this is wrong,unit=m)

• i am download ardupilot code ,try find for this problem! 

• UPDATE to Dual GPS.  I received my MAX-M8Q GPS and immediately soldier head pins to it and hooked it up to my Pixhawk.  Ran a bench test all night and this morning looked at the status menu on the Mission Planner and noted that while the LEA-6H GPS held steady at 10 satellites with a HDOP around 1.5, the Max-M8Q was locked onto 18 satellites with a HDOP of 1.1.

Next step is to conduct a few flights and I will attach logs for DEVs to review. 

More to follow.

• I will be very interested to hear your results!

I have seen almost the identical stats you saw comparing the two gps's. However I must say I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen a huge increase in physical accuracy. Even with 13-14 sats and an HDOP of 1.4 I saw drifting  2-3 meters sometimes. Not often but sometimes. 1 was more the norm. I only had 3 flights on the same evening though .... I know it can vary a bit day to day.  It seems the biggest advantage to the Ublox 8 is the acquisition times. On a hot restart I often have 8-9 sats by the time the pixhawk gets done booting up. Nice!  But if I bought it strictly for position accuracy.. so far I'd be disappointed. 

• I think you have to keep in mind that the level of accuracy won't be in centimeters of accuracy but at best 3-4 meters.  With that being said there are commercial satellites like Omnistar that sells access to their satellites but I do not think anyone could afford it other than big business.  What I have seen is that the vehicle has become rock solid in position albeit off as much as a few feet from where it sits.  I'm pleased with the fact that I have not seen much drift when coupling the M8Q with the LEA-6H GPS and to me that is more of what I seek.

For those who wish to have pin point (centimeter) accuracy I think you will be disappointed.

This reply was deleted.

Activity