Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Are you providing a +5v supply (eg from a BEC) to the aux power rail? It is needed to operate relays or servos from these pins.
      • Hi .. no I am only using the relay as a on off switch so no need to power it .. I am only using the 3v signal (bottom pin) to latch my relay coil.. and return earth of course to complete the circuit. 

Really all this chat should be in the new forums, I know its not busy there but it never will be if people don't start going there. It will avoid 147 page threads. http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=100

• True .. but no one lurks there and nothing gets any attention in a timely manner.. the watchdog who monitors  the forum has sharp teeth too.

• Yes I agree, also it seems to be the official 3dr support forum and general discussions/queries aren't met with a lot of enthusiasm.  As a relative newbie to this community, I see them less as new forums, as a different function - official support.

But apologies, my gimbal aux pin is a bit off topic!  I'll try asking in the ardupilot.com forums.

The community here is great, possibly the forum software could do with an update, or maybe for subjects like this that are likely to have a lot of sub-threads/replies, a separate forum could be setup?  Might be easier for the likes of Randy to follow the different issues, as well.  But it's full of knowledgeable friendly people here with lots of cool ideas :)

It could certainly be more friendly but things like this relay setup issue need to hang around in there own space. They will disappear in here.

Chicken and egg if you people don't ask there and others lurk then it will never get better.

It was partly set up to combat the poor forum software here on Ning.

• Does this include the standard aux1 gimbal control?  I couldn't figure out how to get this to work, using a multimeter I could only see a tiny range of voltage (0.18v-0.36v off the top of my head).

• Hi Dom ..  what are you trying to achieve.. do you want to use channel 1 to control pitch or roll servo on a gimbal ? 

• Hi Reuben, yes exactly.  Looks to be simple with the standard wiki setup, but I couldn't get it to work.  It used to work with a tarot 2d zyx22 controller (which fried itself), but not with an alexmos controller.  I used a multimeter and could only see a tiny voltage coming out of aux1, and I tried other pins as well.  I wonder if the tarot controller auto scales/gains the voltage so it can use it..  But the alexmos controller doesn't recognise any signal.

This reply was deleted.

Activity