Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And sorry one more thing. mine is non 3dr pixhawk. It is Hobbyking "Pixhawk".

Sorry i can't order 3dr pixhawk last time because your store dont ship to my country.

• Thanks Randy,

its about <2 months old battery 4s, 4500mah, 30C.

This specs of battery.

http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Products/BLACK-label-LiPO-batterie...

Is there something not good in my power setup?

my motor T MOTOR 2820-6 830kv. overkill?

Esc F-30A Hobbyking flash SimonK.

For me, Crash is normal,  i just want to focus what caused crash for this. If crash because of electronic failure is out of my control, its ok for me. But i just to make sure the best power setup.

thanks in advance

This item is no longer available.
        • Developer

ultrojo,

The copter hovers at about 45% throttle which is a good level actually.  Slightly on the powerful side of which is always nice.  The motors are all nicely balanced it seems.

I'm not an expert on batteries, but it looks sufficient to me, it's 30C which is not super high but maybe it's enough (?).  Basically it must be an issue with not enough current coming out of the battery or through the power module.  I'd try one or more of the following:

1. attach one (or more) of the ESC's red wires to the back of the pixhawk to act as a backup power source in case the PM can't provide the 5V required.

2. get a higher C battery

3. attach a small backup battery that delivers between 5 and 5.8V to the back of the pixhawk.

You could actually try to reproduce failure on the ground by flipping the vehicle's propellers upside-down *and rotate them all one position on the frame* and rapidly increase and decrease the throttle in stabilize mode.

• Randy, 30C is way more than enough for any normal multicopter operation. Turnigy's new "Multistar" LiPos made specifically for multis are 10C. I and a friend have been flying them on 550 class quads with no issues at all. The lower C ratings result in lighter batteries and less cost - a win/win. The only cautions would be regarding sustained aerobatic flight, which of course may require higher discharge rates, and the tendency of "brand X" battery makers to overstate the true C ratings (so stick with known brands).

• http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6144#p11154

"If you are drawing so much current from your batteries that they cannot supply input power to the PM then you will have a brown out. Otherwise it is the most reliable power source."

- Craig3DR

Must have backup power to pixhawk. will attach 1 esc bec . as backup.

-buzzer,switch,compass,gps,remote led shutter,dragonlink rx and radio telemetry. All this feed power from pixhawk. maybe this one of the causes brown out.

• Caution!

If you just flip the props upside down the thing will still try to fly, just poorly...  I think you also want to swap them around (clockwise/counter-clockwise) so the copter is pushing down.

I also clamp my copters down if I do this for added security.

• Developer

Karl,

Ah yes, thanks for that.  I've modified my comment above.

• Randy,

Appreciated your advices.

Thanks.

• Your ThrIn droped/glitched twice at the end and your log ends while still at altitude.    Seems like a power issue although your VCC looked ok for the rest of the flight.

• Hi Dan,

I am using 4500mah 4s Lipo Full charge. revolectric brand. just 1 minute take off.

Ok, my power setup like this.

- Lipo --> Power Distribution Board-->Power Module --> Pixhawk -->Rc Rx (PPM SUM-ch12 Dragon Link)

- No backup esc bec to pixhawk. only power module.

- 6 Signal wire esc connect to pixhawk no Ground, which is optional

- Not use current too much from Rc Rx, only :

i) 1 wire 5v feed to Led Remote shutter,

ii) 2 wire signal/ground connect alexmos pitch/yaw control input.

Is that setup cause the issue? possible Pixhawk reboot itself or Brownout? because Pixhawk USB connection cannot use anymore,

I try to attach DVR showing OSD from the video, i found that during crash, MavLink data still appear in OSD.

Thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Activity