Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have build the latest version of MinimOSD with the new modes and changed hybrid to poshold

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmjuncam0jxhthb/MinimOSD_22.1.hex

Dropbox - Error
      Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
      • here is the file

MinimOSD_22.1.hex

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702663706?profile=original
  • Hi Randy, Today, I tested AC3.2 RC5 on four different frames, shown below, using APM2.6 (external compass+uBlox 6M GPS, Sonar disabled).

In all of them, I observed that in loiter mode the quad do it very well, but it goes on gaining altitude. What I need to change in the parameters ?

3701809288?profile=original

• Developer

Vishal,

Thanks for testing.  It's impossible to know the cause of the climb without a dataflash log, if you have one I'm happy to take a look.  I'd guess it's one of these issues:

1. vibration

2. throttle stick held above mid

3. barometer drift

• Hi Randy,

I tried to download the log but in APM, I am not being able to do so as when I try to that in terminal window, APM starts sending MAVLink data only.

• Developer

Vishal,

Yup, that's right.  Please check Warning #3 above including the link to the wiki page.

• Thanks randy,

Could I turn off the INAV/EKF check's? or how can I protect myself against a unwanted landing?

Surely if they are "too Strict" that is just a tuning problem, or am I missing something?

• Yesterday flew first time with AC3.2rc5 and most everything worked beautiful. Tried a mission with spline waypoints and ROI which worked out great.

Sometime after the mission I manually invoked RTL and noticed that the yaw didn't point to home neither to the previously defined ROI, but I guess this can be remedied by properly setting back that yaw_behave(?) parameter after the mission which I of course did miss.

Had a fence breach which worked out correctly invoking RTL, but somewhere at the end of the battery the copter switched to autoland mode. (Showing errors 17-1 and 16-something if I remember correctly).

Switched back to AH and PH and no harm done but would be great if we could do something to perhaps weaken those too strict inav checks until 3.2 is out. Any recommendations?

• Developer

Zidlov,

Yes, the INAV/EKF checks are too strict.  Try increasing the EKFCHECK_THRESH value.  It's defaulting to 0.6 but try something higher.  I've been doing some more testing today and it may need to be much higher, like 2.0.

Alternatively you can turn off the check completely by setting the THRESH to zero.

• OK I set mine to 2.0 and will see if it helps. BTW, in Full Parameter List where it has Range, would be nice to have the range there but also the default value for each item. It would be very helpful to be able to scan down and see where my settings differ from the default, especially since the default sometimes changes from version to version.

This reply was deleted.

Activity