Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This topics is a discussion to feedback with dev team our problems but the most important things are updated and resume  in the instructions section, now instructions are well up to date. I enjoy follow the discussions and learn a lot, the only thing it looks little confuse for newers, I suppose, two topics of the same thing..

• I think there is more structure than one might realize. There is a list of known bugs that then get worked on by several devs who communicate via themselves and the comunity as to who will work on what and what to prioritize. There is also a list of new feature requests that is looked at and used to develop the next new beta. It can be a lot of work finding certain area's of concern without reading through pages and pages uf unrelated issues until you find your which that in itself creates more posts. I agree that can be frustration for us and I suspect the dev too. But they do have an established routine that does lead to a great product. If GM used the same methode they would not accidentally release millions of cars with a faulty component because it would have been tried by thousands of people before not just a hand full of engineers. But I understand why they don't I just use that to make the point. I agree it's a legit topic that is worthy of debate. Anything can be improved. Maybe have separate links to beta problems [ the devs could move posts to the correct sub forum as needed along with reader support ] i.e. alt hold,   auto flight, compass issues etc. They way it could be more structured for the reader as well. 

• Hi Guys,

I have been flying on 3.2-rc12 on my quad since it was released, everything was going well until i went from a 3s 2200Mah battery to a 4s 5200Mah battery. Now as soon as switch to Alt Hold it ill begin to descend until it lands. Loiter also does not perform as it use to. Is there any special calibrations i should of done after the switch? I switch to the 4s battery selection on mission planner.

Flying a 2014 Arducopter quad, 2.6 APM with a 3dr gps. 

Thanks,

Luis

• luis - when switching from 3 to 4 cell, you definitely need to change your PID's

also - to check your mid throttle, fly in hover then download the log & graph your ThrOut - you want to be as close to 500 (50%) when hovering. Step-by-step instructions are here http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ac_throttlemid/ - note you'll have to download the logs over mavlink NOT USB since the CLI has been removed from the APM code

• When I did a switch from 3 to 4 cells I had to change props. The general trend is the more the cells the smaller the props.
      TBS Discovery on 4s with 9x5
      • ummm, i'm currently flying with 11x 4.7 APC props, never heard that before.

• Well prop size also goes with the motor kv.

TBS discovery on a 4s with 9x5 is about the right size I think. I am using 9x4.7 on 4s on my F450 quad.

@Luis, your quad may very well be okay with 11x4.7 on a 4s battery depending on your motor kv.

But this doesn't explain entirely what happens to your quad. Is it flying okay in acro mode?

• I haven't tried flying it in Acro mode yet, Motors are 850 KV from 3D store. 

• try to hover in stabilize mode, looks if your throtle stick is in the middle or where it is; then read this http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ac_throttlemid/

•  I Just adjusted it and back to normal, i tried to auto tune and did not work, has it been removed from code? whats the best way to do the tune? My quad keeps drifting towards me, i realized the trims on my transmitter weren't centered and after i centered and did the auto tune at least 5 times i still keep on getting the same response. 

Thanks,

Luis

This reply was deleted.

Activity