Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Right before trying position hold I had trimmed my quad using set trim. Then re centered my trims on my radio. So i'm positive my trims were centered when I tried position hold. 

• Logging could be turned up so we can see more information.  I use Pos Hold all the time and it's works just fine.  I'm using it with EKF turned on.

Turn up the logging and fly with just Pos Hold and post the log.  Something is causing the copter to pitch forward.

• Could you be more specific by "turn up the logging" is there a faster log refresh or something I should adjust?

• Your logging is set low.  Set it to Nearly-all so we have more data.

Log Bit Mask

• I recalibrated radio in mission planner yesterday per Randys advice. I took a flight today and position hold seemed to be working fine. So im assuming my issue was not having performed a radio calibration recently. I've attached my log files just for the hell of it. 

6.BIN

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702874707?profile=original
            • Ok I have it set to nearly-all now so i'll make some flights this afternoon and post back. 

• I'm having some problems with position hold on 3.2 pixhawk. Everything is working well including loiter. But position hold just drifts and does not hold. My droidplanner confirms that position hold is engaged but the copter flies like its still in alt hold or stabilize. Any idea why? I've included my latest log file. 

1.BIN

• ive seen the same with a couple local copters. didnt take logs though - curious what this could be - felt like it didnt have GPS, but it did.

• Developer

FlyHigh,

It will almost certainly be because the roll and pitch sticks are not perfectly centered.  This can happen if the radio calibration hasn't been done regularly but it can also happen if you're using RCMAP.  There's a bug in AC3.2 in that it's not using the correct RCX_MIN and RCX_MAX parameters when RCMAP is used.  The workaround is to set the range (on the transmitter) of the roll, pitch, yaw and throttle channels to all be the same, and then re-do the radio calibration and ESC calibration.  Sorry for the troubles.

• Hrm ok I know for sure that the range of my throttle is different, not sure on roll pitch yaw. But I changed my throttle minimum so that my failsafe would kick in if my radio cut out and the throttle went below my raised minimum. I will try making them all the same and recalibrating my radio. Thanks for the reply Randy. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity