Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

Hello,

Your first issue with loss of GPS has to do with the use of 1.3Ghz 800mw video Tx. This interferes with the GPS reception as I have experienced myself. Since then I fly with 5,8Ghz video tx and all is fine. 800mW is relatively a huge power in comparison the the received GPS Weak signals. Look in my published blogs, I made an excel tool to help you define all of your radio/video/ telemetry frequencies to avoid interferences.

Your second problem could be a ppm encoding issue resulting sometimes in missed frames ?

• Mmm, interesting.   I've been using the 1.3 Vtx with the APM for two years now.  But I did reduce the size of the tricopter arms which moved it closer and so that makes sense.

On the ppm issue I'll look into the settings in Opentx and the micro Rx.   

• Hugues,

Entirely correct with the GPS problem.

Regards,

Gustav

• Hugues

Could gps interfeirance come from a 2.4 ghz telemetry receiver / tansmitter?  I recently bought a Taranis and a X8R receiver. I seem to now be having issues with pos hold and anything that needs gps. I'm starting to think it's the X8R is that possible? It is right below my gps.  

ps Sorry I don't mean to impose on this thread... just seemed related and you might know. Thanks

• There was a discussion about the X8R interfering with GPS here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2225318&page=42

• Thanks. I moved the X8R it made no difference so I don't think that has anything to do with my problem. 

• I had same problem changed my dsmx reciever for a jr dmss with telemetry knocked all my sats out so lifted
            Gps 2'' and moved reciever further back on my t810
            All good now no sats interfered with
            Stu
            • Did you see a bad sat count prior to your change? I seem to see a decent sat and hdop just doesn't act like it. Maybe the sat data comes and goes with the interference? Anyway I will move the receiver and cross my fingers. Thanks guys

• Hi Richard,

Yes, most micro processor/digital devices actually generate a bunch of "RF Noise"

And since the received level of the GPS signals are pretty much in the "Noise Floor", they are easily swamped by ambient RF noise.

Distance is your friend, just a few inches separation can make a huge differance.

• Mike

Is it possible the prop spun loose on #1? I double check about every 3-4 flights as I have on occasion

found one to be slowly loosening up. I hear ya about being bummed.. :[ 

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…