Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• and here is the latest one,,,,  this time much more err16-2  and a new one err17-1

what is the err17-1 stands for?

p.s. once again IMU is not getting logged.  

2014-08-02 06-35-41.7z

• https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/blob/master/ArduCopter/defin...

16-2 looks like EKF_CHECK_BAD_COMPASS.

Try to get the lastest mission planner beta and calibrate compass with it.

17-1 tells us a Failsafe occured. So, check your failsafe conditions if everything is set fine.

For logs, IMU is there, you mean IMU2?

Have your tryed to put the default value in the log_bitmask param?

• Julien, is it possible to specify which failsafe occurred based on the "17-1" code? because, looking at the logs I cannot find anything indicating any probs with GPS or throttle going below 975, batt failsafe and GCS failsafe were disabled.  also, between 14th and 16th mins copter stops reacting to the stick inputs until I put it in stab mode. looking at the logs, I see err16-2 and err17-1 triggered land - this is where I lost stick control, than switched to alt hold, still no stick stick inputs copter started drifting with the wind, than I went to stab and regained control.  continued flying, but haven't encountered this behavior since than. regarding log_bitmask, no IMU logging when choosing log nearly everything, IMU is being logged only if I specify default+IMU. 

• Julien, I think this is something more complicated than the ekfcheck, both me and Raph noticed that everytime we calibrate compass with rc4, we get different values, sometime difference is small sometimes it is in the magnitude of 30-40 points.  When I calibrate compass under 3.1.5 i get more or less consistent values the biggest was 4 point difference.  Tried this several time with different gps/mag combos. 

• Artem,

probably 17-1 was triggered automatically next to the 16-2 error.

You could give a try to Raph's fix by increasing a bit the Check threshold

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/arducopter-3-2-beta-testing?comme...

• Ok, i have wiped eeprom with arduino ide, loaded rc4, calibrated, tried flying it. Stab flyes perfect, no any anomalies, as soon as I turn on alt hold, copter starts pulsating throttle at about 1hz and doesn't hold alt. However, if i put it in loiter it stays where it is supposed to be wth some deviation due to poor gps, but as soon as i start moving it horizontally copter gets a mind of its own: looses/gains alt, and doesn't want to stay where I release the sticks (very gentel moves btw, barelly touching rhe stics). After that, again wiped eeprom with arduino ide, loaded 3.1.5 stable, calibrated, flies ok for no autotune, at least no pulsating throttle on alt hold, only gentle variations in alt hold when moving fast (the regular thing usually gets much better after autotune). Alt hold is perfect if I do not touch the sticks and let the copetr drift (poor PIDs and some vibes), alt hold is just perfect, if sticks are not being touched it stays where I put it even with some wind, holds altitude ok when i move it horizontally. Will provide logs tonight, not at home atm.
                  P.S. regarding "no imu" in the previous logs, i assumed that, because I was not able to graph vibes at all, it just shows a straight line. However, on the last 2 flights, I chose default +IMU and it works, but not when I try to log "nearly everything".
            • Randy,

could the new RC4 default of ATC_RATE_FF_ENAB=0 affecting altitude drops, in fast flight I noticed as well now.

• Developer

Christian,

The ATC_RATE_FF_ENAB should just turn on/off the feedfoward used for the roll, pitch and yaw attitude control but it shouldn't directly affect the altitude control.  If you're seeing a difference in the altitude drops it's more likely because the roll-pitch angle is related to the aerodynamic effect on the baro that causes the drops.  The to-do item around these drops is here it won't go into AC3.2 though, in fact, the solution is not at all clear but at the same time the issue has always been there.

• err16 appeared again, this time only couple of times. I though replacing mag/gps would solve the issue, but it is something else. 

p.s. also, imu logging didn't work this time even though i chose -6146 for LOG_BITMASK.

2014-08-01 22-54-50.log

• is that the cause of the bad behavior in althold? or is this something separate?

This reply was deleted.

Activity