Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have had the leaning problem when flying my boxcopter off of water - resulted in two hard crashes... I found I need to launch off of land and then I can land on water and take off again.  Skipping the gyro calibration might prevent this need.  I assume that some calibration data from an earlier flight could be used.

Thanks for the clear explanation of things.

• Developer

Ok great.  I've raised an issue for this item for AC3.3.

• Thank you!

One point developers should perhaps consider is any possible solution that raises safety concerns should be weighed agains the other safety issues of arming and taking off on a boat in close proximity to the pilot! I couldn't arm and take off in the water [even though my quad was waterproof ] as I wanted to because even small waves messed up the gyro calibration. The solution for me was to arm with it in my hand, apply 1/2 throttle, and I could feel if it was going to fly level or not. If it was I'd toss it in the air and hurry up and grab the transmitter. So at any rate... there are safety aspects in NOT having a solution as well. Just food for thought.

• Its a good thing your not human thus require no sleep

• thanks randy and all the team for you incredible working!!!!!

i am happy to see lots of testing before to release a new official firmware!

• I could NOT BE Happier with the Current Beta Firmware 3.2 RC 6 after upgrading from FW 3.1.5 on my problem child F450 Flamewheel. All Flight modes work perfect, i especially like the the way the motor arm warning Beep stays on for a long time. Please see video and thank you EVERYONE for all your work!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3xZoWetBS4

• P.S> Where are the instructions to download logs when you have FW 3.2? thanks

• Developer

Thor,

Thanks for the feedback. Instructions for downloading over mavlink are here.

• thanks randy awesome job on this build!!

• My hex fell out of sky like a dead goose with all motors stopped, while in Loiter.. I had completed a mission with takeoff, spline WPs, RIO perfectly and the last WP put it into Loiter at 20 meters.. I move the hex with the sticks and suddenly the motors stopped and it fell about 10 meters till I could evoke Stabilize and bring it home.. There are no failsafes nor errors in this flight in my log review..I had 5 other flights previously today with auto missions, RTL and Position hold without issues.. Sure would like resolve this one..  Thanks

FW 3.2rc6 with EKF on

MP 1.3.9

Hex machine

2014-09-01 14-38-13.bin

This reply was deleted.

Activity