Hi guys,

I went through a problem and have several questions following what happened.

1) I first created a mission with mission planner and uploaded it into the UAV.

Then I launched the mission => flight was ok

2) then I moved the UAV a few meters away from its initial location and just pushed the arm action button under MP => the UAV suddenly took off, reached the previous home location and began its mission without any MISSION_START command from MP!!

Any idea about what happened??

I had a look at the logs from MP and was surprised not to see any commands in CMD stuff matching either MAV_CMD_MISSION_START or MAV_CMD_COMPONENT_ARM_DISARM

What kind of mavlink command does MP send to copter when triggering a mission?

To be precise, here is the sequence I always do to launch automatic missions:

1) upload mission in UAV

2) read mission from UAV to ensure mission is correctly taken into account

3) arm the UAV

4) while motors spinning (armed), press "mission start" button and confirm.

I always do this sequence and it always worked until today !!!

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, I've admitted before that I am not an expert at analyzing logs. I was hoping someone else would take a stab at this one. It's a little confusing.

It looks like things start happening at line 1489. The best guess that I can come up with is that no landing was detected from the previous flight. Thus the DATA_NOT_LANDED in the log at line 1491. Since 1492 is DATA_AUTO ARMED, which means the controller was still in auto mode.

Since it didn't know it finished, and was still in AUTO, it looks like it tried to complete it's mission.

Here's just some general weirdness that I noticed...

The Z axis accel shows a nice range of less than +/-1, but it's centered at 10. On Earth, that shouldn't that be centered at 1?

You log ends showing an altitude of 30 meters. It just ends.

The log shows a massive 60 volt spike in Vcc near the end of the flight. I'm not sure how that's even possible.

Current ranges from -1 to +2. Something isn't right. I'm not even sure what Voltage is reading. (2500)

• Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking time to have a look at my log!!

Indeed I don't understand what this DATA_NOT_LANDED is doing here!

However let's suppose the UAV has not detected any landing from its previous flight and it is still in AUTO mode, I still cant' explain how it could suddenly start after an ARM command without any explicit MISSION_START command following the ARMING one.

• Hi there,

Could someone confirm that the MAV_CMD_MISSION_START commands is not traced in the log from APM dataflash?

Beside this, is there a way to check which commands were sent by Mission Planner to the APM?

Could "rlogs" include such information? (by the way what extra info do rlogs embed and how can we analyze them?)

Sorry for all those questions but I need to understand if a "mission start" command was issued by MP or if the APM itself went in a bad state.

• Please upload a log from the flight controller. Without that, all anyone can do is guess what happened.

• Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

It will indeed be easier :-)

Here it is

crash.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702607639?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity