ArduCopter Configuration and Tuning Basics

Learning how to tune your copter for best performance can be a daunting task. The ArduCopter configuration software, Mission Planner, is loaded with all sorts of dials and parameters that you can tweak. What is P, I and D? Where do I start? What does it even mean to have a "well tuned" copter?
This talk is an attempt to demystify the "black art" of tuning your copter. We will discuss the following topics:
FIRST HOUR - THEORY:
• The ArduCopter Pre-flight checklist - managing vibrations, balancing your propellers, calibrating ESCs, compass and accelerometer calibration, and of course, safety and crash prevention.
• Robotics 101 - The basics of PID control and a high level discussion of how it is implemented on ArduCopter.
SECOND HOUR - PRACTICE:
• ArduCopter 101 - A detailed discussion of the knobs, bells, and whistles in Mission Planner and what the heck they all do.
• Summary of the ArduCopter tuning process. (i.e. now that we know what all the knobs do, where to start)
• Tools you might want to buy or build.
• Using CH6 for tuning in-flight.
• How to save your configurations and share with others!
• Open circuit board discussion - share your experiences, tools, and tips with other users!
More details:
The event is free, but we would appreciate your donation of $5-10 to support Nova Labs for offering their space for us.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    Ya where and when?
  • When is the event, I'm really interested.
This reply was deleted.

Activity