Just did a flight in -17C. The quad stopped listening to me...
- Take the quad from indoor temps to outdoor -17C. Power up right away.
- Takeoff in STAB. Everything works.
- Some seconds later ALTHOLD
- Some seconds later LOITER. All well so far.
- Slow climb and fly the quad 30 meters to the side while in loiter.
- Still in loiter, start steering back, slow decent.
- Still in loiter. Steering or any control input don't work! Quad keeps descending slowly and moving towards me. As it was stuck in my old input. Radio (FrSky DJT + V8R-II) not beeping about loss of signal. Radio failsafe would be Thr 50% and mode = LAND. According to logs quad stays in Loiter. Slow movement back towards me also points to old input sticking.
- MinimOSD crashed by now (overhead layer disappears)
- Switch to ALTHOLD. Nothing changes.
- Switch to STAB. Nothing changes.
- Quad reaches the groud, soft landing as the decent was nice and easy. I drop the throttle but nothing happens.
- 3-4 seconds later props stop and I disconnect battery.
.log file attached.
What could have caused this?
- The cold? I flew plenty in up to -20C last winter but that was with older FW...
- Stupid user?
I tested the RC link afterwards and that seems fine so I dont think the problem is here..
My board is APM 2.6 with ext compass. Enabled logs ATTITUDE_MED GPS PM CTUN NTUN CMD CURRENT