Arducopter with APC220

Hello dear community,

I've got my Arducopter working now connected to an APC220 instead of a a XBEE. I can now access the sensor data "on the air" which works quite well. The only problem which I got is that I can't modify any PID / setup / Waypoint data etc on the Arducopter. Do you have any idea why this is? Am I missing there something? I had assumed that it would also be possible sending these information to the APM. That functionality not working would take a lot of worth out of the solution...3690895224?profile=original

Thank you for any hint,

Oliver

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I have a APM1 and two APC220s + usb ttl converter (From Good Luck Buy).  I'm on MissionPlanner 1.1.80 mav 0.90 and Quad Firmware 2.5.4.

I just cannot get the APC serial link to work?   Both APC220's work fine with RF Magic to set the baud rate etc.

However, when I try to connect on COM2 (where the USBTTL dongle is configured) I just get a timeout in 30 seconds saying "No Heartbeat detected"  Rx TX lights on the APM1 do not even flicker

I tied this also with HK GCS.  No luck there either.  So, I'm suspicious that either I have it connected wrong or one of the modules is defective.  I have double chcked and rechecked everything n the APC connecitons and it all looks good to me.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can debug this further to identify the cause?  

Thanks.

Great, thank you very much

cheers

Thanks. Xbees are hard to come by at the moment and fairly expensive so an alternative would be great. Glad to see you got it working. After your success I may just get some.

• Thank you for your reply. After my marriage I now have time for Arducopter again.
    I've updated to AC 2.0.49 / MP 1.0.86 after your feedback. But still the same issue exists. I've also tried to enable the CH7 tuning by loading (http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_SimpleMode, mode CH7_Auto_Trim) but still the same issue exists. Did you refer to an other mode?

But in your case, it might be an MP/code mismatch? I just noticed you're running 1.0.76, which is getting pretty old now. 

You have to keep the MP and Ardu* paired because there are many changes on both as the features added or updated.

I do not believe it is related to your telemetry link. There is a new bug, I think maybe in 2.0.49, maybe 2.0.48, but I don't think so. 

If you enable CH7 tuning by loading (See Ch7 Modes)  then make even one PID change that way, they you will be able to edit via Mission Planner. I haven't had time to poke around to figure out why, but there are at least five discussions on it in the forum so far. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity