Gday I'm hoping someone can help isolate an intermittent issue I'm trying to nut out.

I'm running firmware 2.9.1 on a Arduflyer 2.5 in a fixed wing platform with a MinimOSD v0.1. I'm running below 3.0.x because anything over that will cause a 'Bad Gyro Health' error, as seen by other users regarding suspect voltage regulators. Rolling back resolves that error and all else seems to be functioning correctly.

The issue I'm facing is that the aircraft will fly normally correctly going into modes - Manual, RTL, Loiter and Stab. What has happened on numerous times is that the artificial horizon as displayed via the OSD will go out of wack, being out of cal by atleast 15-20 degrees, at the same time the Home location and direction will become way out. The direction can be out by any number of degree anywhere 1 degree to 270 degrees. Not a definate 180 degrees each time. I'll still have 14 sats. This will not be reset until the plane is landed and power cycled. The artificial horizon continues to move around and in Stab the aircraft trys to stabilize as per the artificial horizon.

If this was a multirotor I'd suspect some sort of mag interference and tried to conduct a compassmot via the Terminal but it appears that is not possible. Not sure if its a Arduplane thing or a firmware version thing.

Is there anyone willing to look at a flight log and help determine the cause of the intermittent chaos?

Or have an idea as to what may be causing the confusion?

Any assistance would be much appreciated with this issue.

- Scott

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2.9.1?? I think newest for plane now is 2.78. I think you are running arducopter instead of arduplane
    • Id suggest you are right mate. I'm writing this from work and that number jumped to mind. I am certain I am running sub 3.0.X.

Had to be Arduplane atleast, or the flight wouldnt have gone as well as it did.

Thx.

This reply was deleted.

Activity