Arduimu V3 + HK GCS + EM406A

I'm running version 1.9 on the IMU. I don't seem to be getting any data from the GPS. I've changed the GPS setting to the correct one and have enabled GPS output in the Arduimu pde. I've also commented out all instances of yellow_led to allow the red led to work correctly. Saturation is now properly shown. 

Should the GPS work with this version of the firmware and the GCS? I noticed all of the pde's referencing the GPS's are omitted from 1.9. Have this functions been handled some other way in the latest  firmware?

Thank you,

Charles

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What kind of gps are you talking about? I couldnt get  gps working ,but I did't try too hard. Oh check this, I forgot, #define <GPS_CONNECTION 0 // 0 for GPS pins, 1 for programming pins >

That switches a mux for the serial port from the gps port to the ftdi port(programing pins).

• Well, I've managed to get the GPS to work. Found that the program was not placing the GPS into binary mode. Sparkfun has a GPS demo program available on the page where you can purchase this unit. I carefully removed the pins from the 6 wire connector used to connect the GPS to the V3 and connected them straight to the FTDI interface board. This allowed me to connect the GPS directly to a PC and run the demo program. In the demo program you can select the output you want. I selected binary at 57600 and then reconnected the GPS to the V3. This is all just for fun and to get a little education before I dive into the real thing. I've ordered an APM 2 (like many of us I would suspect :) ) and would like to know a little something before it gets here. 

FYI the schematic at Sparkfun declares that the gray wire is not pin one. On my patch cord it is YMMV.

The only issue I have now is that the longitude and latitude are off by one decimal point. Both numbers are 10 times too big. i.e. my latitude shows as 471.XXXXX. I would think this would be easy enough to fix.

This reply was deleted.

Activity