ArduPilot 2_7_1 Test Program for IMU does not work

Hi, I am a novice of Ardu Project.  I got a MediaTek GPS, a ArduIMU+ with  ArduPilot(red). My GPS and IMU work well in miniGPS Test and ArduIMUTest respectively.  But I failed to do Test Program 6.  

Test 6

But after removing the IMU, it shows:

Besides, how can I connect my FTDI cable to ArduPilot or the shield if I connect my components as instruction:

IMG_4778.jpg

There is no room for the FTDI cable.  What did I set wrong?  Pls enlighten me. Million thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you want to use the FTDI cable to view your data in the pc is easy, Simply plug a cable from the SHIELD TX to FTDI RX and another from the SHIELD BLK to FTDI BLK.
  • ArduPilot 2_7_1 Test Program 6 for IMU wihout connecting IMU, then serial monitor shows:

After connecting IMU:

• Developer
    You need to remove the Xbee to connect your FTDI.

Hook the GPS directly to your ardupilot and set it up that way. Your GPS is not configured properly and I am not confidant in the Mediatek implementation on the IMU. (I didn't build it.) The MTK GPS needs to receive commands to put it into Binary from NMEA (Nasty Strings).

Once you get the Mediatek talking binary by connecting it to Ardupilot, you can reconnect the IMU.
This reply was deleted.

Activity