I seem to have an issue with my APM 2.0. First off, I am running ArduPilot v3.0.3 and APM Planner v2.0.9. I have set up the IMU and everything works fine (kinda).

I calibrated my remote (HiTec Aurora 9 if it matters) and that works fine. I prefer to pull back on the stick to climb as that is how flying an actual aircraft handles. So, I had to reverse (within my radio) my ailerons, rudder, and elevator. In the APM software I no longer see the option to reverse the servo throws. In manual mode everything works fine. When I switch to stabilize mode, and pitch the plane nose up (on the ground) it pulls the elevator up. This will result in a further nose up direction. I don't understand what is going wrong. I've checked the artificial horizon in the APM, it shows nose up when pitching the plane nose up. So I think the gyro is working fine. I've also tried switching the mode channel from 8 to 7 as I had read in a old forum post from here about channel 8 giving an issue. No matter what I can think of to try I can't get the plane to pitch the elevator down. If anybody has an idea what could be causing this issue I'd be eager to hear it. Thanks in advance.

Mo

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

You just need to reverse the channel in the Mission Planner setup process. All this is in the manual here

• Hey Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually had read that page hoping it would help, unfortunately it shows being able to reverse the channel with checkboxes. I've attached a screenshot of what my APM version looks like. I did though think of this morning using the advanced params list to find where I can reverse the channels there. I'm going to give that a try today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mo

screenshot.jpg

• Reversing my elevator channel (ch2) in the advanced params solved it. Next step is getting the plane in the air! :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity