Hi, I recently bought ArduPilot with an IMU and a shield for my EasyStar.
I have wired it up like the guide on the Google Code page showed.
When I turn it on to test it, I can move the plane an the control surfaces will counter move like they should in the stabilizing mode. And the MUX light turns on and off like it should.
But then suddenly, all lights on all the boards, including the receiver go completely crazy.
All servos stop dead for a couple of seconds before they go completely of the hook, even the elevator servo broke loose from the fuse ones.
The plane doesn't respond on any of the commands from the transmitter. I'm not even able to turn of the MUX, and even when the MUX-light turns off, the servos still behave like chikens without heads.
Sometimes it even throttles up.
The only thing that seems to help a bit is shutting off the transmitter, then it stops. But when I turn the transmitter on again, same problem.
This problem has also happened after the transmitter was turned off, but I only experienced this ones.
The only thing I can do to stop it, is pull out the battery and wait a couple of minutes. Put it in again after a few seconds doesn't help.
I have removed the shield and tried again without luck, I have checked the wiring, I have even twined the servo wires and tried to removed any possible interference but nothing seems to helps.
I have the newest code, but I don't think it is the code because stabilizing mode seems to work flawless until something triggers it to go wild.
I can't fly it in manual mode either, because when this problem suddenly kicks in, it even jams it in manual mode.
There is no radio interference that triggers this problem, of that I'm sure.
My Tx/Rx is a Hitec Optic 6 Sport with Hitec HFD-08RO (35 MHz) and I haven't had any problems with them before.
I haven't been able to fined any post about the same problem. I have found a few with the same symptoms, but never quit the same problem.
Hope somebody can help, thanks.
(Conclusion: If you don't bother to read this thread, this problem was caused by a bad Rx. After changing the Rx everything works fine.)