Ardupilot+IMU+EM406 No GPS light on the Ardupilot

So, I had everything working fine just before the equipment was installed in the airframe, now when the hardware is powered up all the lights are functioning correctly but when the IMU locks the gps light on the ardupilot stops blinking and goes off?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you have telemetry? If not you can still monitor your serial output with the AP connected via cable from your airframe.

I think I've seen this before. The main thing is to ensure that the AP starts up properly and loads the home location. I' modified the code to display the GPS_flag variable in the GCS output. (let me know if you want the code).

There were a few versions of 2.6.2 lying around for a while. Make sure you have the latest one..

This flag starts at a value of 20 then counts down a number of "good" gps readings. When it hits 0 the home location is written then it gets set to -1 (healthy). At this point I also get the AP to write out the home location and waypoints just to confirm everything.

Hope this helps
  • Sorry, maybe I was not clear. While bench testing my equipment all functioned as expected, I had solid blue GPS lock light on the IMU and solid blue lock light on the AP. The equipment was installed in the airframe, now after they system is powered the GPS lock light on the AR is blinking but once the IMU locks GPS signal (solid blue light) the light on the AP ceases to blink and just shuts off?

I have reinstalled all Firmware
    Insured all physical connections to the boards are correct
    The IMU is set to one for binary data to the AP
    IMU is selected in the AP code for GPS protocol
    EM-406 is selected in the IMU code for GPS protocol
This reply was deleted.

Activity