Developer

ArduPlane 2.70 released

I've just released ArduPlane 2.70

This is a bug fix release, primarily because of the telemetry rate bug that several people reported in 2.69. That bug caused Mission Planner to not display attitude information unless you forced the telemetry rate for the EXTRA1 stream by setting SR0_EXTRA1 to a non-zero value. This release fixes the bug so normal telemetry stream rate setting works again.

The changes in this release are:

• fixed the telemetry rate bug
  • fixed the rate of altitude change in AUTO mode. This fixes a problem with poor altitude control during auto landing
  • enabled MAV_CMD_DO_DIGICAM_CONTROL for camera shutter control in missions
  • enabled USB console support on PX4, so telemetry is enabled both on the radio telemetry port and the USB port
  • added automatic AHRS trim support after 6 axis accelerometer calibration (thanks Randy!)
  • improved scheduling priorities on PX4
  • fixed a serial buffer handling bug on PX4
  • added automatic PX4IO firmware update on PX4 (if a new px4io.bin is put on the SD card it will be installed on next boot if you hold the arm button while booting)

Happy flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi!

I was able to make and run ArduPlane2.70 on APM2. It also compiled and uploaded successfully on PX4, but I got this error on Nuttx:

Starting ArduPlane on /dev/ttyACM0 and /dev/ttyS2
    Failed to open UART device /dev/ttyACM0 - Unknown error
    rc.APM finished

But, commenting '$sketch -d /dev/ttyACM0 -d2 $deviceC start' in rc.APM and starting it manually through nuttx it works perfectly:

nsh> ArduPlane -d /dev/ttyACM0 -d2 /dev/ttyS2 start
    Starting ArduPlane on /dev/ttyACM0 and /dev/ttyS2

• Hi guys,

Anyone got problem downloading logs?

I can see that there are logs in my APM through the terminal but when i click Log download it says no logs.

Attached are the screenshots.

3692628467?profile=original

Cheers,

Khairul

• That's really great to hear Tridge ! You have added lots of functionality in PX4. Excellent work !
    Pls. attach your parameters file, with which you have recently flight tested

This reply was deleted.

Activity