Replies

• Graham,

Thank you for that graph.  I had not seen it  before.  I had always read that 3.3 was the limit that you need to "shut down" to avoid damage to the Lipo.  This shows differently.

BUT, the hard part for me is determining why my quad dropped when it did.  Based on the graph above, I would not think the voltage was the defining factor, as it was at a lower voltage before line "61" when the battery FS warning was activated.    

It may very well be connected to an amp value.   I have the "reserve" amp value in the Batt FS page set at 1/2 amp.   Which I am led to believe by the wiki that this is the amount of amperage left in your batter when the FS will trigger.  Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this value?  

Also, I had the Batt FS disabled.   So, either way, I would not think that any value no matter what it was would activate a FS action, other than reveal the limit in the LOG values (but not actually trigger a LAND action).

P.S.  I had the low  battery warning on MP but my understanding on this is that it does not control flight action, but just gives written and or verbal warnings in MP, is that correct?

If you have time to help out with my comments, I would appreciate it. 

Thank you for your time. 

Charlie 

6: Battery failsafe

ECode 1: battery voltage dropped below LOW_VOLT or total battery capacity used exceeded BATT_CAPACITY

• Graham,

Weather permitting I am going to try to run until it triggers again, but this time with the current enable in the logs and see if I can determine what is really triggering it.

It may be a week or two as I am leaving for vacation soon. 

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. 

Ok, I see it now. Yes, perhaps it is sensing current higher than actual and therefore the mAh counts down really quickly?

Can you show a screen print of this "reserve" amp value you speak of as I fear I'm misunderstanding you. If it's what I think it is then it's not the amount left in your battery, it is the total capacity of your battery so if set for 1/2 amp (or correctly 500mAh) then your quad thinks it has a 500mAh battery in it.

Note:

1) The MP battery speech warning should trigger if either the voltage goes below a defined level or the mAh used goes below 20%. (You should be able to find this mAh value in the log and graph it)

2) The battery Failsafe:

• If enabled and set-up correctly the battery failsafe will trigger if:
                    • your battery voltage becomes low for more than 10 seconds
                    • your estimated current consumed passes your battery capacity (set on the power module set-up page)
                  • When a battery failsafe is triggered one of the following will happen:
                    • Disarm motors – if you are in stabilize or acro mode and your throttle is zero
                    • RTL – if you are in AUTO mode, have a GPS lock and are at least 2 meters from your home position
                    • LAND – in all other cases
                  • Graham,

I will try to add two screen shots.  The first will be of the 1/2 amp battery reserve entry.  The second will be of the explanation of this in the Full Parameters. 

3702934404?profile=original

3702934372?profile=original

SORRY this one is a bit hard to read, hopefully it will expand enough if you double click on it.   The middle line explains the reserve battery value function. 

I did check on the values in the warning section.  I did have it set to warn at 10.0 or 20%....

So it must have "sensed" the voltage was too low, or it had reached 20 of the battery capacity. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity