battery charging

My battery specifies 28C, how many amps should my charger be set at? I have a thunder t6 charger and i set it to 3S and the default 0.1A.

Also, if anyone else has this charger could you tell me what the number displayed at the lower right counting up while charging means? Since its a 2200mah battery i guessed that it measured that while charging but not sure...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, from the name i'd guess your charger is an IMax B6 type clone - you may want to check what the charge time cut-off is, as I think its usually set by default - and 75 mins is a round-ish number so you may have hit the charge time cut-off before the pack was fully charged. Oh and like everyone else said, don't charge above 1C. Even with my newer batteries that can take more, I don't trust my cheap charger :)

I'd totally suggest something like this, very useful if you have more than a couple of batteries..

http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/Products/Electronics/Electric-Fl...

i'm told you can do the same with a multi-meter and some maths, but I was never any good at maths :)
  • A 2200mAh LiPo can be charged with 2,2A (2200mAh).

But if you want your LiPo to last long you should only use half of that: 0,5C = 1,1A or 1100mAh. This will double the charging time needed.

CyberCrash
  • That is a long time to charge a 2200mAh lipo.  I use a Hyperon 615 Duo which is capable of charging at a higher rate, on 3S I typically charge at 4.4A.  I would experiment with seeing how high you get the charger to go.  I don't even charge my 1S lipos at less than .7A and that takes a long time and they are only 500mAh.
  • Sorry the charger started to beep 2 seconds after i saved my post blinking "Full" :) It had been charging for 75 minutes so i guess it was a ok setting at 0.1a.
This reply was deleted.

Activity