Big X8 Strange Behavior

Hello to all 

I  build a big X8 and i suspect some think happen with my rc mapping when  octo starts  it feels unresponce  with  big corrections  and hard landings result and some flips whatever i do  in P doesn’t  affect  the system  so my next think is the rc mapping  i use sbus futaba  receiver  direct pinned to pixhawk  but my rc in  and out in channel 12 and  4   look strange also  the roll and dess roll looks opposite 

I enquiry the LOG 

Any comments are welcome

https://youtu.be/VW37goiZcRg

3691261205?profile=original

39.BIN

39.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3702803979?profile=originalboth is crashes  with same setup  difference between them  8 days and a new  flight controller  the big difference is  in 24  log quad flies for one min  smooth and problems start when i change flight mode and in last one i just try to fly to stabilize only  the newest is at left side 

• Developer

The 24 log certainly looks better.  The main problem shown is that the pitch control is very bad.  It's difficult to say what Rate Roll/Pitch P terms will work but there's a wiki page which shows how to use Ch6 tuning knob to adjust the tuning in flight.  Big copters generally need higher P values so you might just try increasing Rate Roll/Pitch P from 0.15 to 0.25.

If 39.bin is a more recent log then I think it would be best to go back and recheck the motors are all wired up correctly, spinning in the correct direction and that the propellers are on properly.  It certainly seems like a mechanical issue though, not a software problem.

• Dear Randy  

First of all  thank you for your time 

24 log it was the first crash  39  was the last crash as i mentioned   the  setup is the same  only difference was the flight control due to old one it was  defected in IMU  so according answer form 3DR support we take  a brand new FC  this is the reason it is  strange  everything in the bench works flawless  and it is very curious  this machine is not fly i try to adjust pids manual via ch6 knob and then if this works i try to do autotune   if this not work i suspect one or more esc is broken but i dont know how to examine them because  as i say in the bench works like charm  you can see video here  from yesterday test 

• randy i actually take off in 50%  and at 1540 in  throttle range in pixhawk this is very strange you think maybe  esc are not calibrated correct in sbus configuration?

I made now stand alone  calibration to be sure everything is calibrated correct 

• pictures form electronic setup

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

• Guys please this is a serious problem i ro know  what to do 

• None can answer ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity