Camera Trigger at waypoint

I am looking for some help getting my camera trigger (servo over the trigger) at a way point. I am using an APM 2.5 with 2.9.1b loaded and I have tried hooking the servo to several output ports, used multiple commands (digicam_control, digicam_config, set servo), ect and can't get it to trigger. I do have a pan tilt point hooked up if that makes a difference. I am at a loss and any help is appreciated, or if you know of a location on here that already describes the hook up and settings. Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Triggering by distance (or waypoint) is much preferred over intervalometer to ensure complete coverage. We know it's doable sine it works on the multicopter version.
  • Instead of trigging at each WP , we should be using Intervalometer, and trigger on/off commands.  - so each series would only require 2 events.

• Wasn't this supposed to resolved when 2.9 was released?  Many of us have been waiting for months for this fix and it evidently works on the multicopter code.  Had a friend look at the camera control code for the fixed wing version and it seems that three different people were writing that portion and their scripts conflict with each other.  Fixing this would make the APM a much better tool for those of use that want to use it for vertical photography....

• Matt,

I've been following your posts recently about this issue and watched you video the other day. Have you resolved this or gotten answers?

Phil

• Hi, I am also having the same problem so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ashley

• Ive been pretty loud in the forums lately to get this implemented, especially the option for camera trigger method (in the standard parameters tab) called "trigger when 3m from waypoint". Its very much needed by many people, but apparently isn't implemented and no one wants to tackle it :(

As far as DO Digicam commands go, I too have been struggling to get them to work on waypoint. It seems to be black magic to get it to work. There's also zero documentation, although a few mods keep saying documentation is coming soon. There's nothing more frustrating than not having instructions available on a product that's constantly changing, AND not getting help in the forums on it. Believe me, I tried for over months to get help related to triggering on waypoints, only to be finally told that it doesn't work, or that it DOES work, but sorry, they can't tell you exactly what you need to do to make it work.

But there is hope. I did get my camera to trigger when I click "trigger camera now" from the main map. If you right click the main map (one shared with the heads-up display) and click trigger camera now, that's an easy way to see if the system works... and it does. My trigger is on CH7 output on the back of the APM. In the standard parameter settings, go down the CH7 and choose trigger. Then at the top of the standard parameters list there is an option for camera trigger method. I chose SERVO. Then in the gimbal setup tab, at the bottom set the PWM values to 1000 and 2000. That got my camera to trigger when I selected trigger camera now, but I still cant get it to trigger on waypoints.

This reply was deleted.

Activity