Can anyone offer advice on making the 3DR SiK Data Radio work with a Windows 10 Tablet please?

3DXR.co.uk say I have the correct CP210X driver.
There is NO yellow warning triangle on the driver in the Device Manager.
(I had to Disable Driver Signing to install the driver).

Both radios have a solid green light which means they are paired.
The Radio on the tablet only has a dim, constant-blink red light, which means no worky.
I expect to see the bright, random busy red light when they are working.

Both these radios work perfectly on Mission Planner on my main Windows 8.1 Desktop.
I have made these radios work before on a windows 10 Desktop.

Misison Planner keeps stating "TimeOut" or "No Heartbeat Packets" or ""Baud Rate too High"" effectively.

I have tried the SiK Radio GUI in Mission Planner with no Luck.

CopterSquad UAS also directed me to the Independent GUI from ArduPilot, with no luck.
http://www.ardupilot.co.uk/ardupilot-software.html

To get the driver into the tablet, I had to disable driver signing and manually point widows to the driver.

The problem to me, appears to be the way the TABLET works with the driver.
It might also be the power available to the USB socket.

I have disabled “power save” in the device manager.

Any suggestions please?

Ben at 3DXR.co.uk has also helped me with some email support, but has not solved the issue.
I'm also promoting Ben because he has CarbonCore's in stock, AND has all the associated electronics, including gimbals, and a wealth of experience with PixHawks and cameras & photography.  Ben & I (Cam) are very fond of the PixHawk Cube 2.1 Big Thanks to 3DRobitics!

3691365143?profile=original3691365176?profile=original3691365206?profile=original3691365302?profile=original3691365327?profile=original

CarbonCore Cortex TriTech March 2018 (9).JPG

CarbonCore Cortex TriTech March 2018 (2).JPG

CarbonCore Multicopter Cortex Legacy 1.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• SOLVED

So it was my new customer “TriTech Ted” that found the solution:

Install the older version for win10 v6.7.5 of the re-numerated driver CP210X X64 from this link.
    https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-u...

We shall now be flying Ted’s new precision mapping Cortex on Sunday… With a working ground station!
    How encouraging that Ted’s found how to solve this for his new mapping system!

USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs
    The CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers are required for device operation as a Virtual COM Port to facilitate host communication…
  • I've checked that the windows 10 TABLET is on X64, and not X86.
    And so uninstalled the CP210X driver, reset the tablet, and manually re-installed the X64 CP210X driver.

Still no luck :(

COM3 is the only option, and that is what shows-up in the device manager when plugging in the SiK Radio.
    When plugging the Sik Radio back into the windows 8.1 Desktop, it simply works and Mission Planner will connect to PixHawk Cube in the drone.

3702421326?profile=original

• I am yet to see if I have email notifications setup for DIYDrones.
    I'm returning after spending two years being brainwashed by - I mean working with ex-RAF officers.
    If you need me, please get me through the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CarbonCoreRTF/

Carboncore Multicopter
    Carboncore Multicopter. 4,985 likes · 1 talking about this. CarbonCore Composite Multicopter and Drones
This reply was deleted.

Activity