This past weekend I converted my Hexa to a Y6 configuration and added APM 2.6 with external GPS.

Firmware has been uploaded and I am in the process of test flight preparation.

I may want to make a couple design changes and test any effect the changes have on compassmot.

To save time between design changes and testing, can compassmot be accomplished with equal results without flipping and rotating the props?

Just simply holding the copter in place or securing it not to lift off.

Thanks
John

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I usally just exchange two leads on each ESC. The props run backwards in this case, pushing the copter down like turning the props. But there is a major catch: it only works with the current sensor: the throttle to current response of a prop running in the reverse direction is completely different. But 1A is 1A, anyway.

• I have a square piece of 1/2 inch (15mm)  plywood that I fastened six lengths of fairly heavy gauge stiff copper wire to.   I wrap the wires around each arm of my Hex.   This holds the thing down nice and tight.    I'm planning on improving things and using Velcro strips instead of wire.

I use the setup for whenever I'm testing things with the battery connected and I have no intention of flying it.

• Simply holding it in place may lead to your never being able to hold anything simply again. Don't do it! Lashing it down has lesser risks, just be sure you do a good job of it. I posted the following the last time this question arose:

A very handy (and cheap) thing to have is an 18 inch (or so) square of pegboard and a few small eyebolts to make a base onto which a multicopter can be lashed. You'll also need something to  weigh the board down, like a pair of bricks. Makes tests very comfortable, can easily be taken outside (and used as a helipad if desired), craft can be tied down firmly or if needed given a couple of inches of slack to test basic functioning. If your knot-tying skills are rusty make up some tethers using fishing line and keychain-size carabiners or such.

This reply was deleted.

Activity