Can not calibrate transmitter for Pixhawk

I have Taranis transmitter. I am using the receiver that came with the Taranis witch is a Frsky X8R. I have tried to connect it to my my pixhawk using a PPM encoder I bought from 3dr and also using the "smart port". The receiver gets power and connects to my radio but I can not do the radio calibration mission planer. the bars on my computer don't change when I move the sticks. I am trying to do this on a 3dr y6 that I built form a kit. This is my first multi rotor so I may just be making a simple mistake.  

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Check if the SBus plug is correctly connected  on both sides.

ie  - + S

• You'll have to determine the channels on the radio to correspond to the channels on the PixHawk

Mine are a bit different from standard because I was using a Spektrum before, and you'll have to set up the channel order accordingly to yours.

After doing this then the channels should appear on the MP radio calibration screen

3702671258?profile=original

3702671177?profile=original

3702671272?profile=original

3702671199?profile=original

• thanks

Is that on companion9x?

• update companion....

• yeah Im going to see if i have more luck with the windows version.

thanks 

• My screenshots are from the Mac version

• I don't know what this issue was but the windows seems to be working.

thanks 

• I'm probably just doing something wrong but when i eject my radio it says EEprom bad or something like that. And erases  everything on the radio.

thanks 

• Check correct connections 

Program the radio like shown above. If it doesn't work......

The Taranis is a great radio but not very easy to begin with.

Connections on PH and X8R

3702938445?profile=original

3702938582?profile=original

• yes. it´s easier than taking pictures from the radio :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity