I am having a lot of trouble with a custom build; I'm hoping you can help or point me to info that will solve my issue.
Firstly, I'm a complete RC newbie and after a heap of reading, I jumped in the deep end and am building a custom quad copter. The main problem is that I am not able to arm (and therefore spin the motors).
Firstly, the setup:
ESC: Afro ESC 30Amp with SimonK
Flight Controller: APM 2.6 Flight Controller With 6M GPS For Multicopters
Motors: SunnySky V2216 1100kv
TX: FrSky TARANIS 2.4GHz Transmitter, Combo 2 Mode 2 includes X8R RX
- I have paired the x8r with the Taranis. If I plug the esc into channel 1 I can control each of the motors with the throttle.
- In Mission Planner, I am able to run the RC calibration and all sticks appear to give responses accurately (the AERT and some of the switches that I also set up).
- The GPS is accurately inputting my location and the Mission Planner shows my location correctly.
- Holding the throttle down and right does not arm. Holding either of the sticks in any corner direction does nothing.
- Disabling the pre-arm checks in Mission Planner does not allow it to arm.
- Running the CLI -> Test -> motors command does nothing (the battery is plugged in and the ESCs are beeping slowly).
- Pressing the Test Motors button in the MP software gives an error message "command was denied by the autopilot"
This is my second APM 2.6 as I thought the first one was faulty. This one also fails so less likely to be hardware.
Needless to say, this is massively frustrating as the whole of summer has passed while I was unable to work this out (and waiting for delivery of parts, etc). If you can help, this will be great - even if it is to say "chuck the APM and go with XYZ flight controller because it will work.