Can't get Arducopter to compile

I tried to follow the directions in the forum to the 'lettter', but I cannot get Arducopter (for Arduino) to compile.

I'm running Windows 10

I installed GIT and downloaded the source.  I downloaded the MHV AVR Tools, I downloaded the special version of Arduino code. I set the sketch source directory in Arduino to the location where I had GIT store the source. (C:\Arducopter).  This gave me the directory tree C:\Arducopter\ardupilot\...)

But when I open up the files, I don't get the expected  ArduRover/ArduPlane/ArduCopter choices.

Instead, I get only some 'tools'.

I see what I think are two problems:  First, there is NO Arducopter.PDE anywhere.  The only PDE file in the Arducopter\ardupilot\Arducopter directory is 'Parameters.pde'

I checked the PATH statement, and there is no path leading to the libraries.

Previously, I had downloaded a clone of the Arducopter directory (not using GIT), and I found a copy of Arducopter.pde there.  I copied that into the directory that I downloaded using GIT, and it TRIED to start compiling.  It was then that I realized that it couldn't find any libraries, so I manually added C:\Ardupilot\Arducopter\libraries to the PATH statement.  

But it STILL doesn't work.  Can someone tell me what to try next?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I may be way off base here, but I don't think you can compile current arducopter with Arduino, only make. I made that mistake, and looked further and I was following the instructions for APM not pixhawk (which can be compiled with arduino).

• I wasn't trying to compile the (latest) Pixhawk verssions, only the down-rev Arduino version.

Like I mentioned above, there are at least two problems:

1. There is no .PDE file in the downloaded GIThub version, except in the TOOLs section, where I can build various small tools (PPM to PWM converter for example).

2. Nothing was changed in my PATH statement that allowed the Arduino compiler to find the Arducopter libraries.

I found an old 'arducopter.pde' file somewhere, and put that in the Arducopter subdirectory, and used WINDOWS/SYSTEM/ADVANCED  to add the path to the libraries, but still got an error when I tryto compile (the message is bad HAL file...).  I assume that was because I didn't have the proper ARDUCOPTER.PDE file.

There must be SOMEONE who has successfully compiled the ATMEL on Windows.

• Hello,

I dont know if it is related with your problem but i was searching for a pde file too with the arducopter repo.I used the github application and clone the Master repo. After i click on the master branch and change it to Arducopter one i wanted. Then i found my wanted pde.

• Totally not an export on the subject, but may be related to this thread?

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/drones-discuss/KfV6pv-w0qw/_q46xi2F...

• Thankjs, I'll try it.  

I was getting ready to try to compile under Linux using a Raspberry pi, but prefer to use Windows.

This reply was deleted.

Activity