Can't get Turnigy 9X working

**NEW FINDINGS**:

I disconnected every cable from receiver and hooked up a servo (and power of course) to check if I get any response. Turns out I can't even move servo using Rx/Tx! I can hear servos when they are first plugged in though.

If I turn off the transmitter then the red light on receiver turns off. Immediatelly after I turn on the transmitter the red light on receiver also turns on so I know they are bound.

Why is this happening if someone can help me? Do I need to change some setting in the transmitter?

What I also did (found somewhere posted as solution but can't find the link anymore) is to cut the connection between top two plates and soldered the bottom two as depicted in this image below. Should I undo that or is it OK (something to do with PPM)?

3691021617?profile=original

------------- First Post: -------------

This is my first Quad, so I read a lot and probably missed something out. I have connected the Rx with ArduFlyer. I connected the battery and the led in reciever was blinking. I presed the back button on my Turnigy 9x Tx and turned it on. The red light on Rx is now lit without blinks (binded with Tx). I disconnected the battery and connected APM to the PC via USB. 

On Tx I've set the mode to "Acro". 

Now, in Mission Planner on Configuration -> Radio Calibration I don't see any changes when using the Tx. What could be wrong?

My wiring:

3691021638?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Ian, the problem in my case was bad connection between the module and the pins: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3622&mobi...

"João, that was the problem! The board inside the module was not properly mounted causing a bad contact on pins. [...]"
    • Hey Promoz,

Thanks for the quick reply and link...i thought maybe that could be it as it seemed plausible that it would initially work fine as it did and then suddenly not if just a connection issue with the module. I opened it up and checked it all out, then after assembling back nothing worked not even binding now :-S  so opened module and plugged the module board directly it to the Tx pins and then at least it was back binding with the Rx...but still the original problem of no receiver output response persists. Thinking either my module just crapped out or the receiver did. I'll try to get a servo to test the receiver.

Have to say though that although their cheap price is appealing and sure if they work they are great, but my experiences so far with Turnigy and in particular this 9x Tx is that you get what you pay for....something that semi-works but requires a bunch of time to manually configure or understand, cheaply made and little to no quality control it seems. Mine even had a mounting screw loose and rattling around inside new out of the box...and when am on final stage of getting a built multi-copter to its test flight, having these kind of issues with something that should work out of the box is pretty damn frustrating as you seemed to also feel when having your issue.

but also hoping its not an APM issue and it is in fact either module or receiver.

Anyway, thats my rant and warning about cheap Hobby King/Turnigy hardware to anyone else reading...i continue to bang head against wall now but thanks for the reply and info.

• Hi

Though this thread is a bit old now, I was wondering if you ever found the solution for this issue other than upgrading the Tx firmware?

I have the same Rx and Tx and all worked fine during initial set up and calibration. However, after having to leave for a trip, I've returned and now am getting no response from the Rx...Apm 2.6 is not responding at all to the Rx inputs and suspect it is a basic issue with the Rx. At the moment I don't have a servo to test it so hoping you might let me know if you found out what exactly the problem was and if there is a solution?

Thanks!

• When you plug the servos in first time they will centre to their 'neutral' position, that is normal. 

If you can't get the servos to move when you move the transmitter sticks then the first problem is between your transmitter and receiver. Did you bind the receiver to the transmitter? If you have a manual work through it step by step until the servos move as expected.

Cheers Paul

• MR60
    Did you program your tx9 for using the four channels?
    What firmware are you using on tx9? I would suggest you to upgrade to ER9x if not done.
This reply was deleted.

Activity