Canada SFOC Application - Northern Region

Just curious if anyone has filled in the Restricted Operator Complex Application Guidance Form from the northern region office. One of the parts asks for a detailed breakdown of one's UAV, and I'm hoping someone with a DJI Phantom 3 has filled it in and wouldn't mind sharing it.

If it's just a stock Phantom 3 (like mine is), then sharing all the information shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Main info they want are all the specs and the maintenance schedule.

This may also be of help:

http://blog.flitelab.com/2015/05/25/pnr-sfoc-application-info-docum...

We also offer SFOC consulting services if you need assistance further.

• Mark, I'm looking for a breakdown of the specs, such as this: 

The Command and Control Links including:

1. C2/data bands and frequencies (e.g. Very High Frequency (VHF) band, Ku-Band, Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Satellite Communication (SATCOM), Geostationary satellites, etc.);

FILL IN INFORMATION IF APPLICABLE.  IF NOT APPLICABLE, PLEASE INDICATE WHY

2. Radio range of the control links;

3. Lost Link indications (e.g. "off flags", signal strength indicators, etc.);

• Radio Working Frequencies 2.400~2.483 GHz
        • Radio EIRP 20 dBm
        • Communication Distance ~2km (1nm)

Lost link you could note the RTH on signal loss and the on screen display of the connection loss.

Make sure you list all specs in proper aeronautic units, not just metric.

• Mark, this is great. Thanks.

Here's the other ones I'm working on:

Electronic surveillance equipment (e.g. transponder (modes, etc.),

Redundant systems (e.g. flight controls, avionics, flight termination system, etc.)

Single or dual redundant control links.

• If none of those apply then just leave them. There are no redundant controls or surveillance systems.

I would just say single control system with Return To Home failsafe.

Generally we have all the specifics outlines in a UAV Manual for a given aircraft, as opposed to broken out point by point as per the TC checklist.

• Mark,

Really appreciate the help on this. Thanks.

As an aside, thanks for all the great info on the flitelab site.

This reply was deleted.

Activity