Hi. I have an APM2 board and I made a hex-copter with it. I cannot seem to ARM my ESCs correctly.
First, I went through the ESC calibration. This went as per instructions except for the arming tones. Here's how it went for me.
1) ESC Calibration [heard lots of musical notes]
2) ESC Calibration finished... at least I assume it did as it was quiet for quite some time
3) Noticed of the ABC lights, and orange and red were flashing.
3) Moved Throttle to down position [Expecting to hear the motors ARM]
4) Motors did not ARM
5) Held to right for 2 seconds -- in the down position
6) No change to ABC lights [orange and red continued to flash].... However, it was armed and all the props started at the same time as I increased the throttle.
7) Tried to DISARM and could not.
8) Unplugged battery from motors.
9) Unplugged BEC power from APM.
10) Plugged battery from into BEC to power my APM.
11) Waited a few seconds
12) Plugged in my motors
13) Heard short music sounds
14) Never see a RED light in the ABC lights --- this doesn't seem right.
14) Tried going down and to the right on the throttle for w seconds to ARM. Nothing armed.
Anybody know what might be wrong?