Canon SX230 - sample pictures

Good evening,

Since couple of time I'm doing some trials using a SX230 camera installed on a X5 wing.

The results seems to be ok, but I need to gain more trust :) that why I need your support regarding good sample pictures done by you.

To be more precise,please post some of your pictures, that you consider that are ok in terms of quality. If possible please point also the camera settings.

Here are some examples from me - 100m altitude (any advice is welcomed):

3691121576?profile=original

3691121719?profile=original

3691121635?profile=original

3691121746?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alex,

Thank's for this script. I will try it on the weekend. I am also flying an X5 and would be interested to know how you mount your camera to reduce vibration. I mount a canon IXUS 132 in soft foam.

• Hi , below a picture with the layout :

3702757313?profile=original

Hi Alex
    We use a X5 with a canon elph520. 10mpixel . It works great but you need to refine your settings to get the good result.
    Asa 200
    Speed 1/1500 or less
    WB sun
    Turn off view image
    Select single shot

Most important. Your images are overexposed so you must close the aperture by 1/2or3/4 stop
    And lock the focus at infinity

Now the camera will react faster( no focusing ) any the image will be much clearer
    • Hi, you were right. 

I have used -1 stop ( maybe too much) and the pictures are better:

3702494642?profile=original

At next flight I will try -0.66  to see the difference. On the post above, by "Asa 200" did you mean to say ISO?

Thank you.

Hi Alex

Yes, you are correct, it is also better to mount the camera along the body, its easier to follow the pictures when they are in a larger file and the stitching becomes better. 

• Hi David,

Can you please post some sample pictures?

Thank you.

This reply was deleted.

Activity