CHDK usb trigger

Hi,

I have a Canon S100 with CHDK, the E-flite EFLA600, Sparkfun step-up board and this cable http://www.kapshop.com/p274/Canon-11-pin-for-CHDK/SDM-and-Video-out/product_info.html

I have soldered and connected to Pixhawk. I can measure 3.3v pulses from the output pins of the Pixhawk.

The camera will fire when I disconnect the main Lipo battery. But I can’t get it to fire from Mission Planner.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

3691224311?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for jumping to help, it is a bit confusing.  I have a 3DR X8+ that I am preparing for surveys,  Just got the Canon S100 mounted and did some flights using CHDK and the time lapse setting, but need the trigger.  I sent a friend request so I can PM about testing your cable.

Thanks

• Nice piece of kit guys

• Hi Kevin

I ran into the same issue this spring trying to fire an ELPH 300HS powershot. The eflite board doesn't do crap.For some reason it doesn't pass the signal through. Instead, you have to make your own firing circuit using an IC inverter chip. I will find the exact part number tommorrow, but basically, I fed a 5v line from the pixhawk into the 5v on the IC and set it up so that when I sent the IC a 3.3v pulse from the pixhawk, it sensed that and fired a 5v pulse to the camera.

Hope this helps, it is so gratifying when the first mapping flight is done and when you check the card there are actually pictures :)

Ryan

• T3

As suggested by Martin: have a look at the Pixhawk-CHDK discussion.

I just posted some pictures how to build a cable.

• http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/using-aux-pins-as-relays-for-chdk...

Build one of those schematics.

• T3

Why are you using the E-flite?  I just use Aux 6 on the pixhawk as a relay. It puts out 3.3v for 0.1 seconds, and the step up supplied by 3DR for connecting to the S100 bumps it up to 5v.  I have no idea if the sparkfun board can be used this way.

• @Stephen

Does 3DR sell this cable for the s100 separate from its mapping kit?

• I can confirm it is not working.

I can measure 3.3v from the aux pins on the Pixhawk but when soldered to the step up board I can only measure 0.1v going in.
        The sparkfun will output 3.6v to CHDK but that is not enough to trigger.....

Any idea how I can get this working with the parts I have? Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to this.
        Or alternatively buy an off the shelf cable? 3DR does not sell it separate.

• I don't think there is anything you can do to make that Sparkfun board give a nice clean 5V output.

This might help if you what a commercial solution : PixHawk Camera Trigger Cable  (scrol down to the PixHawk Camera Trigger Cable)

TuffWing Store
          TuffWing Accessories
    • I do not think that sparkfun board is likely to work. It needs to draw more current from the 3.3v output of the pixhawk than the pixhawk can source.  So the output will not go to 5V when the pixhawk tried to "shoot".

I have not tried it but something like this should work better : https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12009 

SparkFun Logic Level Converter - Bi-Directional
      The SparkFun bi-directional logic level converter is a small device that safely steps down 5V signals to 3.3V AND steps up 3.3V to 5V at the same tim…
This reply was deleted.

Activity