Connecting APM 2.5 with Spektrum AR8000

Hello,

I'm completely new to the DIY multicopter scene, but currently I'm working on building a hexacopter with DJI F550 & APM 2.5. In addition, I use a DX7s transmitter with AR8000 receiver.

I'm searching all afternoon finding a wiring diagram for this. Unfortunately I didn't found anything. I only found this page: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/connecting-your-rc-input-and-motors/

Could someone please explain / help me how to connect the APM 2.5 to the AR8000 receiver
I'm building a hexacopter.

Thank thank you very much!

Best regards,

Rick

foto (1).JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To be fair, the calibration of the ESCs with the APM drove me nuts too.

It took several passes to make it finally work. One tip is to click your throttle trim down a few clicks from center.

The ESCs sometimes need to see a below normal setting before entering the cal mode. The real problem is one of feedback from the devices. At one time the silly things went into program mode on me. That is very interesting to hear and made me think they were in cal mode. Not so I later found out.

The motors won't spin up or actually arm properly without calibration. The APM does not pass the drive signal through...I think.

The first video is nearly indentical to my experience on my APM2.0 quad. The constant beep is a non-cal indication, mainly due to incorrect output level from the APM. As I said, try clicking throttle trim down one or two to see if that will allow it to go.

I've got a DJI Hex in the parts collection phase now. This weekend I  am trying to finish my entry in the DIYD sponsored Instructables contest.

-=Doug

• Thanks Doug! I connected all wires and it worked!

But now I've got another problem :(
    Calibrating the ESC's doesn't work. I've tried the Automatic ESC calibration mode, but that doesn't work.
    To make it clear what's wrong, I've made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKvePoQyuQ8

And when I just arm the APM 2.5 and then move the throttle up, some motors don't spin. I've made a video of this problem to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Z4sE9HZQg

It drives me crazy when I read on the internet that this setup works like plug-and-play for the most people and in my situation it gives only problems :(

Thanks!

•    Hi Rik I have a same problem,  Can you send a photo how to conect  the ground wire from AR8000 to AMP

Cheers

Tatich

• For the basic connections, you will be using only the Throttle, Elev, Rud, and Aileron from the AR8000.

The supplied cables only send the S+ (signal) line from the AR8000 to the S+ line of the APM.

You will need to also connect one ground (neg) from the AR8000 to the (neg) of the APM.

The documentation is in flux and migrating from the old style to the new style. I too am having to find information.

Do not dispair, you will get through this.

-=Doug

This reply was deleted.

Activity