Hi, guys. I need your help. I have been trying to connect my DYS Smart 3 gimbal to the pixhawk so that the pixhawk can control the pitch and therefor, keep me in the shot while in follow me mode. I found the link here to connect the pixhawk to AlexMos software, and I also refered to the wiki here to try and get it to work as well as the ardupilot forum here, but it seems not to work for me.
- This is what I have so far done (with no positive results):
- Connected RC9 (signal and ground only) from the Pixhawk to the RC_ROLL connector (theoretically, this is the one that accepts SUM PPM)
- Tried connecting the cable into RC_PITCH and FC_PITCH as well... No results.
- Programmed the gimbal so that the input from there controls the pitch (tried it with SUM PPM, PWM and analog, but not results)
- I programmed in MP Initial Setup/Optional Hardware/Camera Gimbal tilt to be controlled by the proper channel (CH6 or CH8, depending on what I was doing), unchecked stabilize tilt, and set the servo limits and angle limits.
- Tried using both CH6 and CH8 on the receiver (assigning the channel in both the gimbal and the pixhawk accordingly).
To be honest, I have not yet tested the RC9 with a regular servo to be sure signal is actually going out from Pixhawk (will do it tonight), but theoretically, it should be working..
Also, before someone suggest to connect the gimbal directly to the receiver, this does not work for me because (1) the FC would not control the pitch to keep me in the frame in follow me mode, and (2) I am using a FrSky TFR4 Receiver, which means that CH3 and CH4 have a jumper between them for the receiver to act as Sum PPM, and CH2 (the only slot left open in this 4 CH receiver) is now used to send the RSSI signal.
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!