Correct firmware for Mini APM 3.1

I'm stuck here.

I can't get my board to arm since I may have messed up on the settings somewhere.

I've decided to try and re-flash the firmware, but from the myriad versions available, I don't know which one to choose.

I'm using a quadcopter "X" config. I'm aware that the latest, and last build for 8 bit boards is 3.2.1

When I'm about to flash, there's a warning about the board being retired, which I understand to mean that there is no further formal development for these boards.

The only firmware I can find is for APM 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, boards, Nothing for Mini APM 3.1.

I would be MOST grateful if someone can point me to the EXACT firmware to flash.

Thanks to anyone who can help

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey guys,

I am reading this and found interesting as I am also working on 3.1 APM and stuck with powering APM module. When I gave 5v from ESC (3 wires) and signal to signals in APM, the power works in module but motors beep music once and not 3 or 4 beeps after that. Completely silent. No motors or ARM activity. When I connect trhough USB sounds are normal. Cannot arm now. Why ESC beeps this have no idea. Please give me some hints as you guys have worked on it or any link forum which helps. Thanks

• The Mini 3.1 is like any other APM. The gold standard for APM is 3.1.5, there were not many if any additions after that aimed at the APM most were for the Pixhawk. But, of course, 3.2.1 is the last choice for the APM.

Be aware that reloading the firmware may not change your parameter settings from your previous configuring. It does not erase the memory where parameters are stored.

You have to load the 3.1.5 firmware, go to the terminal, setup, erase, reset, reboot. In order to clear everything.

• Thanks Mike.

Found the correct firmware.

Did the setup, erase reset reboot.

It's late now, I'll try to get it to arm tomorow.

Would you mind if I PM'd you if I have further probs?

I'm no complete noob, so you will only hear from me in desperation.

Thanks again

This reply was deleted.

Activity