Current pre-order kit configuration maximum lift capacity

Hi all.

'Been trying to find out what the maximum payload given the current configuration (i.e., motor, esc, rotor size combination among others) of the pre-order kits being sold by diydrones and fahpah. There were posts indicating 1300+g, so considering the weight of the arducopter to be around a little over 1 kg,,that leaves out 300+ grams. Is 300+g the maximum? And one more thing those figures were based not on the current combinations of motors and parts of the pre-order kits.

Jani emphasized that arducopter is intended to be not for light weight rc flying, but for aerial photography/video. So, any info on how much the maximum payload is (i.e., excluding the weight of the various parts of the marketed kit) will be appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• they are still working on that and no thats not correct.... Jani said in other post "ose 850kv motors with ArduCopter propellers can lift 433gr each motor with 50% throttle, with 75% throttle they lift 855gr. at 50% current was 3.4Amps with 3S LiPo, 75% 9Amp. (100% thr, 1095gr, 12.2Amp)"

so trying to stay at around 1:2 max 433*4 = ~1700g at 50% thrust.... and i believe with a normal 2200 battery they said its around 1010g built... so that leaves u about 690g easily to lift....

and the upgraded motors you can buy with the larger props push it to something like 4-5kilo's so can lift a good bit.... honestly though quads are meant for leight weight, i doubt anyones gonna be running 700+g cameras on their quad with the stock motors.

jani also said their waiting on all the final items to arrive for final weigh in... and lift characteristics etc.... it all comes down to flight time, battery weight etc on what you can lift i mean technically stock motors theoretically can lift 1095gr at 100% so 4kilo at 100% but you wouldn't have good control with having to keep your throttle near 100% just to generate lift.
This reply was deleted.

Activity