Default value APM-MP

Does the default value,in APM-MP will cause a flipping Quad before take off?

Im having this issue, Followed wiki guides about troubleshooting this flipping problem. but it wont work on me still i got a flipping issue.

Motors orientation,frame mode,esc calib,level all of this successfully followed, but i wonder why my quad keep on flipping before taking off?

I loaded all default from APM-MP, I mean i didnt modify any PID's. I just used APM-MP to configure sensors,and radio.

What do i need to know,to solve this issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

June,

The most common reasons I have seen to explain this behavior are:

ESCs/Motors plugged in in a different order/orientation than in the manual - often swapping 1 and 2 or 3 and 4

Motors spinning in a different direction from what they should 

Wrong props (CCW vs CW) installed

EDIT: also, props installed upside down

Usually, you can tell just by holding it. Feel it try to flip? The motor that wants to go "up" is usually wrong (and some other motor opposite it may be wrong for a different reason.)

If it flips on take off very cleanly (not just a wobble problem) then it is usually one of the issues above.

Since you say it flips *before* take off, I think it is even more likely that it is one of those problems and not a PID issue.

Do you have a video?

• Developer

Can you paste the output of the setup menu's "show" command?

Also, did you try it in your hand? Doe sit want to flip then as well?

Jason

• Yes all test are ok and passed. No problem with the settings, what im thinking is the APM-MP 1.0.72 defalut value.

Btw, how about your quad? it just works without touching the PID's? or do you adjust trims on TX?

• PID's will not be the problem. What does it do in a hand test, stable? Do all the motors start at the same time and spin up the same speed?
This reply was deleted.

Activity